Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Skies Parted

The sun shined down and the Angels sang...Hallelujah, Cathy finished her Ohio Sampler quilt top.


I didn't make all the blocks from the book.  I pulled some from other projects.  There is a large block made from 4 Sally Post blocks.  A couple of blocks are from Cheri Payne's Common Threads pattern.  I also included blocks from Jeni in the Willow QAL.  One block from Hip Chicks BOM and finally one from Barbara Brackman's BOM from a few years ago.  Now I can take a deep breath and relax.  Ready to get ready for a new Sew Along with friends in July.

BTW....the skies did part....but the sun didn't shine...It's been raining since yesterday.

Thanks for stopping by.  

Hugs, Cathy

17 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
congratulations, this looks beautiful. Can picture you are still doing a happy dance.
Rain is always good, means we can stay inside and sew.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Lori said...

Makes me want to get mine done asap! Too much work, not enough play....

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! Beautiful quilt. Hope I can sing this song with you soon when I finish something

julieQ said...

I can hear those angels sing a chorus!! What a gorgeous quilt, Cathy!!

Ray said...

Gorgeous Cathy!! I hope you are as proud as you should be!

Sue said...

I love it Cathy. Fabulous! Maybe one day I'll get to make one! :-)

Sharon said...

Woohoo! This is beautiful! You must be very happy. Great job to "use up" some orphan blocks to get this finished. It looks very "you". Congratulations!

Kyle said...

It's a gorgeous finish. All the blocks work perfectly together. Hallelujah!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations! It looks great!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Great finish--clever you to fill in with orphan blocks!

Janet O. said...

Hallelujah! Wonderful job!!

Barb said...

hooray it looks really great!! I love that you added your own blocks too.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Congratulations! Fabulous quilt ... all those blocks work together perfectly!

Dawn said...

Wonderful assortment of blocks!! Love seeing it all together.

Ruth said...

I love the many varied blocks, but especially the eagle! Maybe when I get finished with my Dear Jane quilt - if ever - I can make this type of quilt!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh Cathy well done!!! It is just beautiful!

LuAnn said...

I'm behind on email and totally missed this post. Your quilt top looks great. I've started putting my blocks together, and the end is in sight. Congratulations on finishing. Are you joining in on Old Voices, New Impressions?