Sunday, June 7, 2020

Playing Catch Up

And starting new...

1. I finished the applique block from last month for my Derby House BOM.



I love the fabrics used in this quilt.  They are Mackinaw Island by Minick and Simpson.

2. Quilt Doodles.


These blocks finish at 20".


3.  I started a new quilt project.


It is a new BOW by Bee in my Bonnet using her Christmas book.  This will be a quick quilt.


4.  Another new quilt.


This is the first block for Sentimental Stitches BOW called 3030.  The original used fabrics from the 30's.  I'm going more country colors.


5.  Here's the photo of my finished Rainbow Quilt.


I quilted it in a large cross hatch.  


6.  I finished my Salt Water Taffy quilt top.


Hubby held it up outside.  It was a sunny day and the colors look a little washed up.


I'm still working on last month's Mary Brown block.  There are so many tiny leaves and my eyes get tired working on them

Oops, I did it again.  I signed up for another Connecting Threads BOM.  This one will also come with fabric.  It is a Calendar themed quilt.  When I get the first month's package I will show you what it looks like.

I don't think I'm doing too bad for the first week of June.  However, I have so many projects and so little time.

Thanks for stopping by.  I so enjoy hearing your comments.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Julierose said...

You have accomplished so much--I love that Derby house BOM block--you are right the colors are super...
I haven't joined any more SAL's or BOM's and haven't even begun RSC for June as yet...I feel pressured when I join --so many times, I end up filing them away and then doing them at a later time on my own little slow schedule...

I finished sewing BAD "Merry Month of May" all together this morning --that did me in for the rest of the day...phew...lots of matching in that one...
Take care and enjoy your Sunday
Hugs from afar Julierose

julieQ said...

Cathy, you always have so many fun things going...you are an inspiration! I love each one just tons!!!

Kyle said...

Great colors in your Derby House block. Rainbow quilt is fun and fresh. It's a perfect layout. Enjoy your warm weather. My trip to Michigan had to be canceled. But hopefully, it will happen before too long.

Karen said...

You are certainly keeping yourself busy with all the variety of quilt projects in the works. I am quite attracted to the Derby block you made. I like the open look of the basket. You did well with that.
When I did the leaf block for Mary Brown, I used heavy freezer paper leaf shape templates ironed to the back of the fabric pieces. Then I used the starch method to turn the seam allowance under. That way most of the work was done before the stitching process. Not my favorite applique method but it made stitching the leaves down go much faster.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow, lots of progress. Wonderful stitching.

QuiltGranma said...

PROGRESS!!! Wonderful!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You are really cranking them out! Have a blessed day! Hugs

Jennie in GA said...

You can't possibly be sleeping with all of those projects on the go and showing progress! I think that I like the first block best, but they are all great!!

Janet O. said...

LOL I can't believe all of your BOM quilts! :)
I especially love that Derby House block!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You have so many nice projects going on. I love the basket in the Derby House block - how pretty! I've never seen anything like that. I agree, great fabrics too.

Nancy said...

Wow, you have lots going on! Your Derby House block is beautiful. I love the fabrics, too! And your Rainbow Quilt is so vibrant and inviting.
I hope all is well with you!