Friday, May 8, 2015

Ohio Sampler and More

The weather is beautiful, the temps are up....and I've got another head cold and congested...ugh!

I did get another block made for my Ohio Collection Quilt.



This is the Love Apple block.  I love how it turned out.  Next I plan on working on the feathered star.  I was planning on making it this week till I started getting congested again.  

Earlier in the week I started working on this mini Bow Ties quilt.


I made this using the charms left over from the Jacob's Ladder quilt.  I took pictures so next week I'll try and post another tutorial.



After I got my Accuquilt Go I purchased the smaller Tumbler Die.  It is the perfect size for charm squares.  I cut a bunch of them and sewed these 4 rows.  It is going to be a table runner.

Taking it easy today.  Tomorrow my Grandson Brian graduates from Central Michigan University.  It will be a long day.  We have a 3 hour drive one way.  Lunch out with the family before hand, Graduation ceremony and another 3 hour drive home.  But well worth every minute.

Enjoy the weather and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sorry you are feeling lousy again! I hope you are feeling a little better tomorrow for the big day. Congrats to him!
Love your quilt blocks!!

Karen said...

Darn! Another bout of not feeling good. Hopefully the sunshine and warm weather will help clear you up.

I like the Love Apple block very much. I enjoyed stitching mine too.

Rosa said...

Congrats to your grandson and hope you have a fabulous day!

Janet O. said...

Great Love Apple block.
Love your little bow ties and tumblers. : )
Graduation days are draining, aren't they? My youngest son just graduated last Saturday and the day was exhausting. I only had a 20 minute drive to get to and from the campus, but the dinner with family and the ceremony and photos afterward drained me. I can't imagine adding 6 hours of travel to that! I wish you well!

Kyle said...

Love love your love apple block. Hope the warmer weather helps to make you feel better soon. Have a memorable day at graduation. Those are special family milestones. Enjoy your weather, we could get snow on Sunday!

Allie said...

Oh Cathy - I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well!!!! It sure hasn't slowed you down in your stitching, it seems, love love the applique and of course your precision piecing. I hope you don't run into any storms tomorrow, or was it today? It was a bit too warm for me today - my phone said the feels like temp was 110!!!

audrey said...

Hope you get to feeling better! Congrats for your grandson. Very special.:) Lovin' that love apple block too!

Sharon said...

So sorry to hear of more illness. ugh, you've had more than your share this year.

Congrats to your grandson! My son just graduated from U of Wash, but his ceremony isn't until June. Hope you survive your day.

Love your love apple, but my fave is the little bow ties. Cute!

Carrie P. said...

enjoyed seeing your progress. congrats to your grandson. have fun.

LuAnn said...

Summer colds are no fun. Love your Ohio block.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling your best ... Hope you're over the worst of this soon! Love your little bow ties, especially since I'm working on some myself. What size are yours?