Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Front Porch

It's time to link up with our June block's for the Front Porch Sew Along.  This month we made flag blocks.  Thanks to Lori's break down of piecing the blocks they went quickly.  Here are mine.


 I sewed the flag to my house block.  My pictures look a little wavy because of my design wall.  I couldn't get it to lay flat.


Here are the 2 other flags that will be used later in the quilt.  I also cut out their flag poles.  I will be linking up at Humble Quilts.


Another project on my design wall....


Here is a small section of it.  These are the reproduction 9 patch blocks that I received in a swap from Fun With Barb.  I used some in a quilt I made using a pattern from Cheri Payne.  


Now if you are not too bored I am sharing some more pictures from the Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor.  This time the Tropical room.








The gold fish seemed to glow.





I hope you enjoyed the photos.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Karen said...

I like what you have done with the nine patches from the trade. I did not participate but have seen some good use made of what people received in trade.

Needled Mom said...

The nine patches are looking great. I like the flag too - especially for this time of the year.

Wow....great photos from the botanical gardens.

Janet O. said...

Your SAL blocks look great so far. And I am really liking what you are doing with the 9 patches!
Oh, the Tropical Room looks much more inviting to me than the desert room did. : )

Barb said...

You flag and house are a great block.
Yay for the nine patches. I like them with the hourglasses.

Beautiful photos - I love Koi ponds and they really do like they are glowing!

Kyle said...

Hour glasses and nine patches make a good combo. It will be nice to have those sewn together. The SAL blocks are lookin' good, perfect for summer.

Gayle said...

I made a very similar quilt and shared it on my blog recently - except I used only red, white & blue - a great lay out! Your front porch blocks are wonderful!

Martha said...

I love botanical gardens, and gardens in general!!! So fun!! And the more unusual the plant the more fun!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ruth said...

I love the setting for your 9-patches! I still haven't made anything with mine and don't know when I will get to them. I guess they aren't going anywhere!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Good idea to get going with some assembly on Front Porch. Lovely photos!

Lori said...

Lovely! I want to add my flag to my house!!