Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another Cold and Snowy Day

Although I can't really complain.  When I was living up north on Big Manistique Lake instead of a few inches of snow we would get a few feet of snow...lol  As much as I miss living up there I will happily settle for less snow.

I was checking my January "To Do List" and found I am not doing to bad.

I wanted to make 4 more blocks for Ashley's quilt and so far I have made 3.  One more and I can add the border and get it ready to quilt.

I finished my Hip Chick 2013 BOM quilt top.

And I have all the blocks made for my Country Threads 2013 BOM quilt.


Don't look too close....mine isn't exactly as they planned.  I added a couple of 12" blocks I had from other projects and I didn't want to add as many HST blocks so I substituted some 6" blocks I had from other projects.  I really like how this is turning out.  I have the first row of blocks sewn together and today's plan is sewing the rest of the blocks together.  After that I need to add a border of 2 1/2" black and white squares.

Now for my 2014 BOM's

I made my block for Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM.


Yesterday I made the first block for Sugar Shack BOM.


For this BOM I am using fabric I have been collecting designed by Renee Nanneman of Need'l Love.  They are so soft and romantic.  I love the bumble bee fabric I used in the center of the block.

I still have 3 more BOM's I want to work on.  But no pressure here.  If I don't get a chance to work on them it's okay as long as I remember to print up the directions.

My new philosophy is "No Stress".  Life should be fun and so should quilting.

So now I think I will get some sewing done.  Stay safe, keep warm and enjoy!

Hugs, Cathy

4 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love your Country Threads 2013 quilt. I just found out about the Hip Chicks and have printed that one for this year. Your blocks are great.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Nice job on your CT BOM~ I wasn't crazy about all those HST's either, so I'm making some extra blocks. GMTA! ;-) Love the BOM blocks. Have a happy day!

Janet O. said...

I really like your Pat Sloan block.
I don't know how you keep track of all your BOMs!!
I'm thinking I will do one this year. : )

Janet said...

Country Threads is coming together beautifully! Lots of little pieces in there so it is cool that you were able to use already existing blocks!