Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Slowly but Surely

I'm making headway on my Ohio Sampler Quilt.



A few changes from the original quilt.  Top row I put together 4 Sally Post blocks to replace a larger appliqued block.  Next to it I added the Courthouse Steps block from Cheri Payne's Common threads.  Yesterday I got the bow tie block made.  I have also added some applique blocks from the Jeni in the Willow sew a long.  It's getting there slowly.  I need to get this all done by July because I am doing another sew-a-long with Karen in Lori.  More to come on that.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.  We did although it was warm and humid...and more expected.  And of course with our new addition to the family we have received lots of photos.  So of course I have to leave you with one more.

I'm a proud Nana.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Hugs, Cathy


12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You have every right to be a proud Nana. It is so much fun to have a new baby in the family.

Your sampler looks great.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful addition to the family. It’s so much fun to be a Grandma.
I really like all the blocks you have added to your sampler.

Lori said...

I've got a few pieces of my sampler sewn together. Yours is looking good.
The baby is precious!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful new addition to your family. Love the eagle in your sampler quilt

Karen said...

Your sampler quilt block substitutes work well. Did you make the blocks specifically for the quilt or did you steal from other quilt projects?

Baby is adorable. Does she have a brother or sister or is she the first for Mommy and Daddy?

Janet O. said...

I think your block substitutions look great! You are making the quilt uniquely your own.
Sweet little babe. Isn't it fun? We just got a new granddaughter, too, and I am flying across country Monday to spend a week getting to know her. : )

Jeanne said...

A wonderful addition to your family! Love watching your Ohio quilt blocks grow into a quilt.

Sharon said...

What a sweet little girl! Congrats, Nana! I hope you get to meet her soon.

I love how your sampler quilt is shaping up. You're making good progress on it. It's beautiful!

Carrie P. said...

Your blocks are really looking great together. Congratulations to you and your family.

Carrie P. said...

Your blocks are really looking great together. Congratulations to you and your family.

Barb said...

ella is so beautiful!!! congrats Nana!
your quilt is wonderful too what fun blocks.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful baby!
Your quilt is coming along nicely, really wonderful blocks.