Tuesday, June 14, 2022

June is Half Way Over

 I can't believe how fast this month is moving along.  Of course, the first 5 days was spent camping.  It was wonderful.  Cool weather, clear skies and great company.  I had so much fun I didn't take any pictures...so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I had time to get some sewing done.

1.  Aviary BOM.


This is block 4 from last month.  I finished it on May 30.  I did add it to the top of my blog but didn't get to blog about it.  This took forever to get all the leaves done.  I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did.

2.  Prairie Flowers.


I love these little blocks.  I want to make all the blocks in the book and then I will decide what quilt to make.

3.  Autumn Frolic.


I love this BOM.  Autumn is my favorite time of year, so I am always drawn to quilts with an Autumn vibe.  We are close to the end of this BOM.

4. Blue Skies BOM.


These are this months 3 blocks.  Each block has a separate block design and then they all have the same border.

5.  Manchester by the Sea.


The bouquet blocks were a bear to make.  If you look closely the cone shape is different in each block.  Not by design.  They were very hard to make.  But other than this block I am really enjoying this BOM.

We have been having some beautiful weather here in Michigan.  It's been in the 70's and 80's.  This ends tomorrow.  The weather will be in the 90's, and I don't do well in the heat.  We don't have central air but we do have a room air conditioner in the bedroom.  Luckily Hubby put it in yesterday.

I still have lots to do this month.  I'm not sure if I will be able to work on this month's UFO.  Especially since we are going camping again for the 4th of July weekend.  This time both daughters will be going.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found something to inspire you.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

belarmina said...

Cathy Tus bloques son tan perfectos siempre, me encantan todos ellos
Saludos

Tilly said...

Love your block4, beautful!

Julierose said...

Such lovely projects coming along so well for you!! We are having 70-80 degree weather here with sunny skies the past three days--so lovely--makes me just want to sit out on my deck and wool-gather...hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

Block 4 of your Aviary quilt is stunning. I'd say you've mastered small leaves. Have fun camping. Hopefully, the Michigan weather will cooperate

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You are doing so well in all your projects. Each month about the 6th of the month I realize that the months will fly by. Now we are on the downhill of June! Unbelievable! I hope to keep up with my multi-projects like you! Hugs

Nancy said...

You have a bunch of quilts in progress! I love both of your applique blocks. Such detail and so beautifully made. The Aviary block looks like a challenging one.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's always fun to see the variety of things you are working on. The Prairie Flowers blocks are so neat and it will be fun to see how you put them all together.

Sandy said...

Beautiful blocks, Cathy, and so varied. How fun to go camping!

Tazzie said...

I love your applique, it's so very pretty. And fabulous blocks too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely finished BOM blocks. Nice mix between applique and pieced blocks.

telko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaryB said...

Looking to find quilt pattern called "Dearest Boy - a family album". Do you know how or where I can find and purchase?