Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust...

I finished my 20 years in the making Churn Dash quilt.  I made the blocks when I first got serious about quilting.  However, since I was also doing crafting  I had a lot of polyester blends in the house so they were used in the background of the blocks. 

I put the blocks together about  5 years ago while up north with Dad.  He said it looked like a baby quilt.  Well it is the right size.  But this is going to be our picnic table cover quilt.  Terry and I like to go hiking and have a picnic so I think this will work fine.

So I down and many more to go.....

Guess what is coming?  Friday Night Sew In.  I'm signed up, are you?  If not go see Heidi and sign up.
http://handmadebyheidi.blogspot.com/  Hope to see you there.  Remember you can win prizes plus get a lot of sewing done.

Wishing you a quilty day. 

Hugs, Cat

7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on finish your 20-yr-in-the-making quilt! Looks fantastic...

Terry said...

It may have taken you a while to get this one done, but it's beautiful! :0)

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I think I have a few quilts in the closet approaching the same age and they are still UFOs. FNSI can be a productive time~have fun.

Diana and LaDonna said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with ufo's with a little age on them! Congratulations on completing it and thanks for the inspiration!

LaDonna

Lori said...

Another UFO finished!! Yay!!! It looks like it wil make a great picnic quilt.

Linda said...

Wonderful finish! It's gorgeous! Worth the wait!

Mama Pea said...

Cat, wow! 20 years in the making! It looks great! Well done. And using it for a picnic table cover is a great thing to do with those poly blends!