Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sunny - But Cooooold

It was good to see the sun today.  It was cold but it looks like it is going to be warm next week.  I can't wait.

I've been working on a multitude of projects.   I made the current Barbara Brackman block (log cabin).  But in my haste I reversed the light and dark.  So I guess I need to redo it.  I also finished Block #16 from the Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.  It is called Wedding Ring.  She chose this one because her anniversary was this week.  I had to laugh...mine was too.  Only I forgot mine.  But my husband remembered...lol

I put a new border on my Sunflower quilt, but I'm not going to show you it till it is finished.  I still need to redo some of the applique.  I already decided on how I will quilt it. 

I started Pat Sloan's mystery quilt.  I just love her quilts.  I have the background pieced and am almost done embroidering the saying on the water piece.  Then I have to applique it to the background.  Once I get done with that I will show you.

I was reading some of my favorite blogs and on Sew Unique Creations (http://www.sewuniquecreationsblog.com/)  she had a picture of some of the cutest bow tie blocks. I thought I would really like to make some.  So I went into EQ5 and did a search on Bow Tie.  I was surprised what came up.  The traditional bow tie came up along with a block that is similar to courthouse steps only on the diagonal.   I'm foundation piecing the block.  I have bags and bags of scraps and this will be an ideal way to use them up.  My blocks are 6".  I will probably work on them when I'm caught up on other projects.

I keep starting so many UFO's that I think it is time I try to finish some.  LOL  But it is so much fun to start a new project.

Here's hoping you have a quilty day.  Hugs, Cathy

7 comments:

Yvette said...

I love starting new projects too!

I really like your CW blocks, those are always my favorite.

Joanne said...

It is fun to start new projects - we would never know what we liked doing if we don't try new things.
Happy Anniversary to you too!♥

Allie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You are SO busy, love that wedding ring block - and the spools! I'm waiting for the warmer weather too, won't it feel SO nice!

Kathleen said...

Hey CAT - I have a book for you !!!! Can't get through to your email, though... would you please email me at krountree@ithaca.edu, so we can discuss which book you want from the win!!

Kate the Quilting Professor!

Cheryl said...

I like the values reversed. I think my log cabin is too light!

Mama Pea said...

Hi Cat, your bow tie blocks are really cool! I can't wait to see how that turns out. I love it that you'll use your scraps. I like your wedding ring block, too. Neat. I hate it when I sew a log cabin wrong! haha. It has been coooollllld here, too, but yesterday was warmer. Hopefully that's heading your way. The wind has been really bad here again. More drifting.

LuAnn said...

Love your bow tie blocks, and it's great that you are using up your scraps.