Saturday, February 19, 2011

And Then The Lights Went Out....

I was all set for the Friday Night Sew In.  I had my jammies on.  My plans for what to work on all set out.  I sat in my easy chair to do a little hand quilting before heading to my sewing room when there was a bang and a flash of light....then darkness.  The wind was so strong that it ripped down a power line.  All my plans gone up in darkness.  The power finally came back on around 1:00am. 

So I didn't get anything done last night but I did get a lot done yesterday.  I finished sewing the first 3 rows of my Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.  I also worked on a few more blocks for it.
I am really happy with the way it is turning out.


About 10 years ago I bought a quilted fabric check book cover.  Over the years it has gotten quite worn and the fabric is now shiny.  So I took this forlorn check book cover into my sewing room, took some measurements and made myself a new one.  I like the way it turned out.  I'm thinking of making some more for Christmas presents.  Oops...If my daughters read this pretend you didn't see this.  lol

I finally finished my little yellow Churn Dash Quilt I made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  Now I just have to get it sent in.  

My accomplishments have been many but there are many more to do.  Here is my last To-Do List:

  1. Finish Quilting Wall Quilt (I'm half way there)
  2. Keep up with current Quilt A Longs. 
  3. Start Bunny Hill BOM (Finished Jan. and Feb. blocks)
  4. Start Pat Sloan's Mystery Quilt.  (Started and finished first clue)
Now for this coming week's To-Do List:

  1. Finish quilting my wall quilt.
  2. Sandwich my Sunflower quilt and start hand quilting.
  3. Make at least 10 more Log Cabin Bow Tie blocks.
  4. Make more blocks for the Thread Head Quilt-a-Long quilt.
  5. Work on Barbara Brackman CW blocks.
 Remember it is time to vote for the 2 color quilts at the Quilting Gallery (http://quiltinggallery.com/)  My quilt is called Persian Gates.  There are some beautiful quilts there.

Well I had better get busy.  Lots to do and places to go.  Hope you have a quilty day.
Hugs, Cathy



 










9 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Sorry you lost power! What a drag! It was so incredibly windy here yesterday and last night, wasn't it?! Your progress looks great. I have voted (for you)! :-)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Bummer! It's not March yet either. We have alot of wind today but hopefully the lights won't go out. Can't sew today I am cleaning my sewing room and I get sidetracked when I start sorting through old magazines and books. But it's gotta get done.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and your electricty is back!

Carolyn

Impera Magna said...

Glad your power's back... You made so much progress with things this past week, you deserved a night off... albeit WITH power!

Yvette said...

What a bummer! I have only had my power go out twice in the 24yrs I have lived here and it was awful.

Your Quilt a long blocks are looking fantastic, I love your setting

Angie said...

Great job with you FNSI! I love the quilt that is on your design wall. It is a great sampler.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

At least the power wasn't out for too long! And you still got a lot done :) Your quilt-in-progress is beautiful!

pinsandneedles said...

That has happened to me before and I hand quilted by candle light. Not too many stitches needed to be undone. haha!

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Good thing the power came back on...too bad you missed out on the quilting though. Your quilt looks amazing though!

Brooke said...

The thread head quilt is looking amazing! I'm envious of all the cross marks on your to do list. It feels so good to make efficient progress! :-)