Monday, February 7, 2011

My Little Piece of Spring

Like so many others I have had the winter blahs.  But this little plant is going to help send them away.  While grocery shopping yesterday I saw this sweet little Primrose plant.  I told my husband it was so pretty so he bought it for me.  It brightens my day just looking at it.  Especially since today it is snowing again...

I got quilte a bit of sewing accomplished this week.  Here is my To-Do list from last Monday:
  1. Finish up the blocks for the Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.
  2. Start Barbara Brackman Civil War Blocks.
  3. Finish appliqueing sunflower petals.
  4. Finish hand quilting small wall hanging.
Three out of four isn't bad.  I got caught up on Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.  These are blocks 10-15.  I made 2 of everyblock but I'm just showing you these.

I made all the Barbara Brackman blocks except for Seven Sisters.  I'm going to start working on it this week. As you can see I did the last block my way.  As always I like to be a little different.

So here is my To-Do List for this week:
  1. Finish quilting wall quilt.
  2. Keep current with Quilt-a-Longs.
  3. Start work on Bunny Hill BOM.
  4. Start Pat Sloan's new Mystery Quilt.
For those of you in warm climates, enjoy your sunshine.  For those of you in the Snow Belt, keep warm and safe driving in the snow.  To everyone, have a quilty day.

Hugs, Cat

P.S. This I hit the Publish button instead of Preview so part of this got posted.  Here's hoping the rest will now be posted.

4 comments:

Yvette said...

I love all of those Civil War blocks. It's nice that you put your own flair into them.

Mama Pea said...

I have the blahs, too. I know how you feel. AT least it was sunny here for a little bit today, and the rooftops are dripping. So, it wasn't as cold as they predicted it would be. You're making good progress!

That primrose reminds me of an African Violet. My grandmother loved those and always had them all over her house.

Allie said...

Your blocks look great! And I love your primrose - so pretty - nice to have something green and blooming around in winter! Stay warm hon!

Cheryl said...

Having goals and listing them is working well for me, too. The Seven Sisters' block is the one missing for me too, although I don't plan on making it anytime soon. Good luck!