Sunday, November 19, 2017

Projects

Strange weather.  Snow, rain, winds, dark skies, and sunshine.  And that was all in one day.  Right now the sun is shining and the skies are very dark.  More rain?  Better that then snow.

I started a new project.  Last year I found a Christmas BOM kit.  It's called "Folk Art Christmas".  It was distributed by Quakertown Quilts.  There is a total of 9 blocks.

Block 1



 The cabin is pieced and the tree is hand appliqued.

Block 2



The snowman is hand appliqued.  I need to embroider the arms and add some buttons and a carrot nose.

Block 3




This Bear's Paw is 9" finished.

I like how this quilt is made up of pieced and appliqued blocks.


I made some more "Log" blocks.



These blocks finish at 10".  I need 56 blocks total.  The quilt will be 7 blocks across and 8" blocks down.  

Be sure to stop by on the 30th to see block #2 of "Early American Life" that Karen and I are working on.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

Linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
                 Ems Scrapbag

9 comments:

Karen said...

Quakertown Quilts has been out of business for a good while. They had some nice things. I think I visited there one of the times I was in Houston. Are you hoping to finish this Christmas project in time for the holiday?

Lori said...

Love your newest quilt! The log blocks are pretty great too!

Julierose said...

Very pretty blocks, hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

Those logs are lovely and the new blocks are looking wonderful already.

Kyle said...

You're working on some of your past projects and getting so much accomplished. The newest is super cute and the logs look like a cozy quilt for winter. Great work!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love those logs--they are going to make a striking quilt! Have you been doing them with long strips and then sub-cutting?

Judy Hansen said...

Love your log cabin stripes quilt project. And the winter scenes blocks are so nice too. It will make a nice holiday quilt. Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you for linking with Design Wall Monday. I have probably asked you this before, but I live in Michigan and asume the "big lake" in your blog name is Lake Michigan. I have a cabin near Ludington, Michigan. Which part of Lake Michigan do you live near? Judy

AnnieO said...

I can never resist Bear's paw blocks, but all are nicely done, warm and cozy colors. The striped blocks are pretty striking! Have a Happy Thanksgiving--we will be roasting along with the turkey in 90 degree weather.

em's scrapbag said...

Your BOM blocks look great! The log quilt will be wonderful!