Wednesday, November 8, 2017

On My Design Wall

Lots of strange weather going on here.  First it's warm out, then we had terrific thunder storms and today it is very cold but very sunny out.  I hear we have snow on the horizon.

I've been trying to keep busy.


This little quilt is called Blackbird and can be found in the book "Homespun Hearth" by Jan Patek.  It is 14 1/2".  I'm going to sandwich it and start hand quilting it later today.



Two quilts I am working on.  The top row is a quilt I'm making from a Layer Cake.  The quilt is totally cut out and just waiting for the blocks to be finished.

The second set of blocks are for a quilt designed by Linda Brannock.  I call it logs.  I have another 8 blocks ready to sew.  I'm hoping to get a total of 56 blocks made.  These blocks are 10" finished and will make a quilt 70" x 80".

I also finished a Christmas table runner but haven't got a picture yet.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Blackbird is very cute.
The design on the top row is one I have been itching to try for some months now.
But for some reason I am especially drawn to the warm colors and bold graphics of your logs. :)

Karen said...

I like the blackbird design block. I think I still have that book and will look for it this afternoon. I like the small size for a wall quilt.

Kyle said...

The strange weather hasn't deterred you from stitching creatively. Love the logs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

We had that same mix of weird weather - but no snow in our forecast. HARD on the sinuses and lungs, to be sure. You have been VERY busy!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow Cathy I love all these!!! Stay warm girl, it's going to get awful chilly!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Pretty Block

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy beautiful work,well done,love your applique block xx

Barb said...

what a great block!

belarmina said...

Cathy precioso tu tapiz!!!

Lori said...

Love your applique block! Our weather is going a bit crazy too- tis the season!