Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Beginning, A Finish

And a continuance.....

 A Beginning....
 
Well Karen and I had so much fun with our "Flowers" quilt we decided to do another quilt together.



The quilt we have chosen to make is called "Early American Life" designed by The Country Quilter.  It was inspired by stencil quilts.

As before we will be sharing a block on the 15th and 30th of each month, starting this month.  

A Finish....

I got another Christmas gift finished.  I shared the top with you earlier.


It's called "Baseball, Beach and Camping Quilt".


The 16 patch blocks are made with fabric depicting camping and beaches.  The backing is covered with baseballs.

A continuance.....

I made 22 Snowball blocks for my "Walnut Grove Sampler".


I have one round of blocks to go.   I need to make 24 Pinwheel blocks.  Then I need to cut out a gazillion 6 1/2" off setting blocks.  Then I can start sewing this quilt together.

Thanks for stopping by.  

Hugs, Cathy



9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like you have been using your time well. :)
Really liking the new quilt you and Karen will be making. It replicates the stencils very well, and I love that fun border.

Julierose said...

Oh this will be another beautiful quilt...hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

We like so much of the same style quilts that we could do a 100 sew along togethers!

I like the quilt you have in your header.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Amazing how 2 quilters make the same quilt but in different colors! Beautiful! Cudo's to both of you!

Betty Lou said...

Your just sewing up a storm,, love them all. Must be feel nice to,have a Christmas gift finished, lucky recipient.

Kyle said...

You and Karen are off and running on another sweet SAL. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

So nice to have a friend to sew with :o) Walnut Grove... is that with Laura Ingalls fabric line?

Gale said...

Do you know where the pattern "Early American Life" is available? Thanks! Looks fun to make.

Allie-oops Designs said...

You two have more fun!!! Love the new project, and your finish, such a cheerful quilt!