Monday, January 16, 2012

Pink Lemonade and More

I've been working on my Pink Lemonade quilt. 


I got my half blocks done.  Yesterday Lori posted the corner block directions so I plan on finishing up my quilt today.  This has been so much fun.  I can't wait to finish it.

I'm also working on another quilt-a-long.  This one is with Kathleen Tracy at "A Sentimental Quilter".  She is doing a Miniature Quilt a month from one of her books.  This month's quilt is "Crosses Mourning Quilt" from her book "Prairie Children and Their Quilts".  She has posted pictures of her quilt on her blog.


The quilt calls for 9 blocks but I think I'm only going to do 6.  Hoping to work on these today also.

And I continue to work on the the Scrap Squad quilt.  I have seen a quilt that a squad member has made.  It is beautiful and very different from mine.  I can't wait till the magazine comes out so I can show you mine.  I have all seven rows sewn and now I need to sew them together.  Then I need to quilt it. 

The sun was out today and it wasn't too cold or windy out so we naturally went to Metro Beach (Soon to be called Lake St. Clair Metro Park) to walk.  Of course once we got there it was windy and colder.  But then it always is out by the lake.  The geese were flying all around but not much water for them to land in.  The canals were frozen over.  After our walk we drove over to the marsh area.  Guess what we saw.....



This pair of swans happened to find a hole in the ice.  Just big enough for the two of them to move around without bumping into each other.  It was close to shore so it was shallow enough to feed.  They are so beautiful.

Well, I'm off to my sewing room.  My list is growing with projects I need to start and finish.  Wishing you a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Impera Magna said...

The swans are so beautiful... I'm glad they found a hole in the ice!

You've been busy... very nice blocks!

Leo said...

you have been busy ... I like the green pink lemonade block most ...

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Goodness you have been busy! Love your pink lemonade. The swans are so graceful. Have a happy day!

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! And those swans are beautiful! What a treat to get to see them! :0)

Mama Pea said...

Great blocks. Glad you got outside. It wasn't too bad here today either, until the sun went behind the clouds. Then it got really damp cold feeling!

Maureen said...

Love the fabrics you are using for these two projects. They will make 2 beautiful quilts!

Doniene said...

Love your dark pink lemonade!! So pretty. Your Crosses Mourning Quilt" are beautiful!

The swans are stunning!! So lovely! What a nice walk!

Blessings

Janet O. said...

I like the mix of colors in your Pink Lemonade.
Those Crosses Mourning blocks are very nice looking--love black in quilts!
Beautiful swans. I love to watch them. You have some lovely sites in your area.

libbyquilter said...

your pink lemonade is coming along so nicely.
i have my corner blocks worked up and now am choosing a yellow . . .
have you decided how you will quilt yours?

the firs photo of the swans reminds me of a painting ~ gorgeous shot~!!!~

:-)
libbyQ