Friday, January 6, 2012

51 degrees out on January 6th

Oh my goodness I can't believe this weather.  19 degrees high one day and then 51 degrees the next.  We went for a wonderful walk (and long) at Metro Beach today.  I'll show you pictures later.

With all the hub bub at Christmas I forgot to tell you about...

I won a charm pack from Pat Sloan.  I was so excited but totally forgot to
tell everyone.  I guess it was the excitement of the holidays.


This is the block I made for Katherine in my New Bee at 15 Minutes Play. 
 It is made with made fabric.  I really love this block.  Can't you just picture a
quilt made from this block.  I'm going to have to draw it up on EQ.

Speaking of EQ....I just got EQ7.    Woo Hoo...  I'm so excited.
I have EQ5, but have found so many patterns that can be
downloaded directly into EQ7 but not EQ5.  It just came
yesterday so I haven't had much time to play.

The other project I've been working on is the quilt for Quiltmaker Magazine
with the 2012 Scrap Squad.  Can't show it to yet.  But I will
once the next issue comes out.

Now for our walk.  As I told you before this park is on the shores of
Lake St. Clair.  The sun was shining and the wind was blowing.
It was beautiful but brrrr it was cold with the wind chill.

Can you walk on water?  These guys can!



These guys were also walking on water.


Now I know it is warm for January but this guy was nuts.


Sitting on the ice all huddled together.


Coming in for a landing.

I love my new camera.  And I really love the program that came with
it.  It makes it so easy to crop and enlarge my photos.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Wishing you a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Always fun to win something, isn't it?
That is a very bold looking block! What patience to make the fabric first.
Wish I could have been on that walk--just beautiful!

Linda said...

Congrats!!! What a nice little surprise! That fabric line is so pretty! Your block is stunning!! Happy New Year, Cathy!

Talin's Corner said...

What a lovely walk you took. The pictures are beautiful.

Doniene said...

Love the photos!! Thanks for sharing. Nifty block! And winning fabric - that's like Christmas and Birthdays all rolled into one!!

Have a great day

Rosa said...

It`s great win.Your block is gorgeous and love your pictures.
Happy New Year!

Allie said...

I KNOW - 54 here today - and I never got outside! GRRRR! Congrats on your win from Pat, boy you sure can keep a secret, lol. I LOVE that block - yes I can picture a whole quilt made like that, WOW girl. And you got EQ7! That's on my list!

Beautiful pics - your new camera is working great!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your block. I can't believe this weather either! I keep waiting for the ax to fall!

libbyquilter said...

love that first shot from your walk ~ the reflections captured, the lone bird and the sense of stillness captured~! very nice.
what sort of camera did you get?

our weather has been crazy weird too . . . so very dry and most recently temps in the high 40's and low 50's. yesterday out for my walk with only a light jacket and this a.m. there is a skiff of snow and grey sky's with more falling . . .

looks like we're both lucky winners. thank you again. did i tell you that i received my package? . . . well, i did post in my blog . . . i'm brewing up some fun ideas for it's use.

:-)
libbyQ

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great pictures! I'm hoping to work on my Scrap Squad quilt this weekend! :) And love that little block!

Anonymous said...

congrats on yout win and lovely blocks,well done.xx

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on your win.
Love all the photos.
We have weird weather here too.

Mama Pea said...

This weather has been great. Too bad we just got dumped on now!