Monday, June 13, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Up early, sun shining, walking shoes on....Hubby and I headed out to Metro Beach and had a wonderful walk.  Then we went out to breakfast at a new restaurant.  Great food.

Now here's what I finished during the weekend.


I finished June's Henrietta Whiskers block.  I love these blocks.  My hand applique is getting so much better because of all the small pieces. 


Here are my first 6 blocks.  It is going to be so cute.

I decided to clean my sewing room on Saturday....lol  There aren't enough hours in the day to put a dent in the mess I have going on.  Anyway while shifting piles I found these blocks.


These blocks were suppose to be joined with 8 others.  However I lost interest, or lost the pattern or misplaced the green checked fabric.  So I decided to make a wall hanging/table topper out of them.  I am going to put them together and applique a circle in the center.  Then I need to add a border, possibly applique some leaves on it.  Do you have any ideas?


Last but not least I made the latest Barbara Brackman CW block.  After a year of 8" blocks I think we will have enough blocks for a couple of quilts.

I also made the heart log cabin block for the Primitive Primer quilt and have the angel block all set to applique.  I will post a picture of both once the angel is done.

Today I will begin a new adventure.  Em is you are reading this....I am going to try some of your fabulous quilting.  I have my big girl pants on, my favorite threads, a couple of 12" blocks all ready to start machine quilting.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Love Ya.

Enjoy the sunshine, breath in that lovely fresh air and have some fun today.

Hugs, Cat

PS( Tomorrow night I get to go see the Detroit Tigers play.  Thanks to my daughter Kelley and Son-in-Law Chris.  It is my Mother's Day gift and Hubby's Father's Day gift.  Woo Hoo...I am such a fan.)

10 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh they are all cute! Your henrietta whiskers is just so cute!

I really LOVE those flower applique's! They are wonderful! Can't think right now for a border but I"ll see if I can find time!

Yvette said...

Everything looks great! Your Henrietta blocks are too adorable.
Have fun at the ball park, I love going to baseball games.

Linda said...

Your Henrietta quilt is looking so beautiful!! Love your CW blocks! Have fun at the ballgame!

Impera Magna said...

I've been following Barbara Brackman's posts about the CW blocks... but this one just had to be made! I love it... have made two more since...

You did a great job on yours... I had to make a second, the first was so bad... *lol*

Cheryl said...

Henrietta is progressing nicely! I adore Anne Sutton's applique projects. Have fun at the game!

Allie said...

Wow look at those blocks all together - they are really too adorable! Love your flower appliques too, I think a border of leaves would be great. I wish you luck on your new adventure!!

Lori said...

You got a lot done this weekend! I love the latest installment of HW- way too cute!!
Love yoru "found" blocks too- super cute!!

Terry said...

Your Henrietta blocks look great! And I love those applique blocks! They'll make a great table topper! :0)

beth said...

The 4 orphan blocks will make a nice small project of any kind. Have fun adding border, leaves or whatever.....have fun!

Carrie P. said...

Good for you that you are keeping up with the bunny hill blocks. they look great.
I love the 4 flower blocks. It will be a very pretty wall hanging.