Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Light at the End of the Tunnel....

Although I still have that darn virus I am getting better.  This is the worse bug I have had in years.

Sunday Terry and I decided it was time I got out of the house.  Our plan was to do some antiquing and then go out to lunch.  We drove up to Holly and it started sprinkling.  While in the first shop it started snowing....not ordinary snow.  It was big drops of slush.  I was soaked to the skin walking to the car.  So thus ended our day.  The roads were icy and the freeway was a mess.  We counted about 20 cars either in a ditch or in an accident. 

With our bad weather lately I have had time to do some sewing.  I got the latest EQ BOM done.  I've been using hand dyed and batiks.  I redid all my blocks in these colors and am really happy with the way they are turning out.  


I made the latest Barbara  Brackman Civil War block.  I am enjoying making these blocks every week. 



I'm still working on my Farmer's Wife blocks. 



I've entered another quilt in the Quilter's Gallery weekly contest.  This week's category is applique.  So I have entered the quilt I made from a class I took with Gwen Marston.  Voting starts on Friday.

Most of my time has been taken up working on a 12" quilt for a swap I signed up with 15 Minutes Play.  I can't show you it yet since I don't want my partner to see it yet.  So I'll show it to you after I mail it. 

Wishing you all a quilty day.

Hugs, Cat



5 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you're back to 100% quickly!

Love all these blocks... so beautiful!

Mama Pea said...

Hope you feel better soon. I hate it when that happens! Great blocks, though!

Betty Lou said...

You have been very productive, dispite not feeling well-----your blocks are so pretty. Wish I had started on the Civil War blocks, but now I am so far behind. Spring will come eventually.

Lori said...

You have a lot of lovely blocks made. Sorry about the lousy weather. We have snow in the forecast for tonight. What's up with that?! Glad you are feeling better.

Pamela said...

There was actually snow on the top of a small mountain here in California the other day. That's unheard of, snow in April! Great blocks you have there. :-)