Thursday, April 21, 2011

SO MUCH TO SHARE....

Woo Hoo.!  I won.  If you are on Facebook and are friends with Aurifill Threads you might remember that they had a contest for naming some variegated threads.  Two of the names I thought up were chosen.  Alas the first I named Salsa Verde came in second.  But the second name I chose "Creme Brule"  came in first.  I got a message from the company today, congratulating me and asking for my address.  I have won all 34 variegated threads.  I'm sooooo excited.

Remember this little beauty.  Well it went in the mail today to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  And quite by chance I got an email from Ami Simms this morning asking if I would post something to my blog.  It is a video from Utube about AAQI.  It is so moving.
http://youtu.be/JGzAOBwZ7MM  Also http://www.aaqiupdate.wordpress.com/ 
Please visit both and if you can make a little Art Quilt for a good cause.


Last week while reading some of my favorite blocks I came across a photo similar to this on a post at Talin's Corner.  She had a lovely idea of sending something she made to 3 people who in turn would send something they made to 3 people and so on and so on and so on.  I left a message about what a wonderful idea it was.  She contacted me and asked for my address.

It is the sweetest little pouch used for jewelry.  I just adore it.  She made my day.  So this weekend I am going to be making 3 little gifts for 3 of my blog readers.  So leave a message and will pick 3 names on Monday.  The receivers will then in turn make 3 little gifts and so on and so on and so on.  What do you think?

Last Friday was FNSI and I spent a good part of Saturday checking out what people had been working on.  I saw a block that I really liked (sorry I don't remember who was working on it) and I thought it was really neat.

It is made using 5" charm squares.  I have a ton of them so I am hoping to make a couple of quilts using this block.

And guess what....The Sun is finally shining.  It is beautiful out.  So I wish you all a Sunny Quilty day.

Hugs, Cat





9 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on winning all that lovely thread! You must be excited...

I love your D$P...what a great way to use up all the leftover charm squares from other projects...


I'm a firm believer in "Pay it forward" and would join in!

Diana and LaDonna said...

I am so happy for you, Cat! How exciting!Congratulations! I love Aurifil thread! I finally bought the thread chart instead of selecting the thread by holding my fabric to the monitor!

LaDonna

Linda said...

Congratulations!!!!! Great idea with the leftover charms. Looks great!!

I so LOVE your AAIQ quilt! Gorgeous!!

Lori said...

I love your newest project!
I've got a new AAQI quilt pattern brewing in my head. I need to make another one. I loved the video and hope I get a chance to see the exhibit.
Congrats on the Auriful win!!

Ruth said...

You are so lucky! I just started using Aurifil thread and I love it, but it is expensive!

Cathy said...

I've never used Aurifil thread so I'm excited that I won. Can't wait for it to come.

Allie said...

Congrats on your wonderful win! I love your Hope quilt, I've been meaning to do this for some time. What a darling gift from Talin, I'd love to sign up for this but I know I won't have time. I love the quilt pattern, I have some charm squares that would be perfect for - any idea where the pattern came from?

Mama Pea said...

Wow!!! Congrats on winning that contest! That is totally fabulous! Be sure to post your threads when you get them. I want to see them! That's a really valuable package. I use Aurifil all the time. You are going to love it! I am so happy fo ryou!

libbyquilter said...

sometimes things work out in amazing ways . . .
i've come over from Lori's blog: Humble Quilts and after viewing her Alzhiemer's quilt i left a comment. after i left my comment i read the other comments. one of them was yours and as i very recently purchased a tiny quilt from the Iniative that was a "hope" quilt i got a bit curious and clicked on over to your blog.
guess what? i'm the very lucky person who purchased your quilt and although it hasn't arrived yet i couldn't be more excited~!!!!~

i'm happy to have found you and happy to visit your fabulous blog and would very much like to add you/it to the sidebar of my own blog if you wouldn't mind. i'll wait for your permission on that.

i see you have another litte AAQI quilt on your front page and oh my gosh i LOVE that one too~!

~!!~blogland rocks~!!~

:-)
libbyQ