Wednesday, February 3, 2021

It's a Beautiful Day

 In the Neighborhood.  The sun is shining and the snow and ice is melting.  It's going to be hard to go to my basement sewing room.  But I have lots to do.

A few things to share.

1.  January Mini.  I forgot to share it last month.

This mini is approximately 4" x 6".  I made a bunch of these for Christmas presents.  All different.  I adore moose so last month I made this for me.

2.  Ready for Spring.  Jen Gaston has started a new block of the week quilt on facebook.  I love her designs.


Her design used wool on a cotton background.  I chose to do mine using cotton on cotton and did needle turn applique.  There will be a total of 9 blocks.

3.  Pat Sloan's Home Is....


This is block 4.  You got the option of a dog or a cat.  This represents our dog Sammie.

4.  Annabelle BOM


I finished all 18 blocks for the next border.  This month there will 18 blocks of a different pattern to complete this border.

Today I am going to be working on Barbara Brackman's Hands All Around BOM.  I'm making one block each of the different sizes.  16", 12", and 8".  When finished I should have enough blocks for a couple of quilts.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Stay safe and get some sewing done.

Hugs, Cathy





16 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Love your mini-moose!

Julierose said...

Oooh, did you draw "moosey" yourself? So cute..I love it..
We saw a Moose once when we were on our way home from visiting Canada--
(remember the days when you could actually go places?) coming out of a tree line near a swampy area--his antlers (do you call them that?) were full of pond weeds--he was dripping--amazing...I wish I'd gotten a picture of it, but we were too far away and in traffic...
Anyway...your mini is marvelous--nice work hugs, Julierose

Robin said...

The Moose is delightful. I reminds me of my sister who had a moose room at one time. I have not heard of Jen Gaston before but you sure did a nice job for the block on the block of the week. Cute aqua dog on your log cabin block, nice choice of fabric. It doesn't demand attention, it just softly makes a statement.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a perfect mini moose! Guess we were both thinking small this month. Absolutely adorable! I've linked in this post so people can go right to that cute little moose! Thanks for another great finish!

Janet O. said...

Love the little moose quilt! One summer during my college days I worked at a private club for fly fisherman that was located on the Snake River, about 30 minutes away from Yellowstone Park. Moose were frequent visitors to us there.

belarmina said...

Cathy me encanta tu mini enero, precioso bloque de pájaro
Cuídate

Anonymous said...

Your January mini makes me smile.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your little moose is darling, and your other projects are coming along. I love that folky style of your bird and I must check out Jen Gaston. Glad you are joining in with Hands All Around! I'm doing the 12 inch blocks.

Jennie in GA said...

That really is a mini moose.....4x6, oh my. And so cute. I especially love the dog image on the Pat Sloan block. As always, a lovely selection of work.

QuiltGranma said...

Moosie! Love it!

Kyle said...

A mini Moose. I love it!!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Back in the swing - looks like 2021 is going to be a good year for you also. Hope Hubby is recuperating well!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your moose is so adorable. I can see why you made it for yourself. There are a bunch of sew alongs that I want to join. Jeni's is one of them. I am still trying to resist so I can get my UFO finished but they are mighty tempting. Yours are all wonderful.

شركة روضة المملكة said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Flickenstichlerin said...

Love your moose mini quilt and the applique block, great colors.

Shah Sazib said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.