Saturday, January 30, 2021

I've been busy

 Which is amazing seeing my husband had a partial knee replacement 10 days ago.  I've had to do a lot more around here than I usually have to.  I took him to his doctor's today and he is doing great.  The doctor said he could drive....Yeah!

Now for the quilty stuff.  I have 7 projects to share with you.

1.  Celebrating Mary Brown


Lots of pieces in this block.  I watched an Applique master class on the quilt show and found a new way of making my stems.  It worked out pretty good.

2.  Mrs. Lincoln's Quilt


I'm loving this quilt.  Unlike Mary Brown, this quilt will be finished this year.

3.  Annabelle


This is month 6.  I still have another 9 blocks to make.  Next month I will be making the alternate 18 blocks for this round.

4.  Sewcialites



These are blocks 14 and 15.  

I started a few more sew alongs.  Here are 3 of them.

1.  Quilt Doodles 2021 BOM


This is a woodland quilt.  It uses both flannel and cotton.  I still have to stitch around the fox.

2.  Barbara Brackman Hands All Around.


Each month we will be making a different centered Sawtooth Star.  There are 3 different size blocks.  I decided to make one each.  They are 16", 12" and 8".

3.  Pat Sloan's Home Is...


These are the first 3 block.  The top 2 are 14" and the bottom is 12".  This is a block a week sew along.

I have 3 more BOM's that are running late due to fabric delays.  I just got this month's package for the "Shine On" BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop.  They also had a fabric delay. 

So I will have plenty to keep me busy this year.  

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you are keeping safe, social distancing and getting lots of sewing done.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your Mary Brown block is beautiful. And you always have so many SALs and BOM projects going.
Love that fox, and it is fun to see that you are doing all sizes of Barbara's blocks.

Julierose said...

That Mary Brown block is so beautiful--great work on it!!
And i just love the Annabelle blocks...I don't think I've seen that setting before--I really like it a lot...I can foresee a whole lot of lovely quilting to be put on that one...
hugs, Julierose

julieQ said...

All your projects are so, so perfect!!! Love your Mary Brown...and I have my Lincoln blocks; just need to blog about them!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

So many fun projects to work on. Your Mary Brown block is especially wonderful--love it!

Kyle said...

Cathy, you are simply amazing! Your list of projects is so long and each new addition beautifully done. Love the new woodland design.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

That's great about your husband recovering and being able to drive again. You have some great projects going! I'm doing the 12" Hands All Around blocks. Are you going to put all three sizes into the same quilt, or three different quilts?

Sharon Kwilter said...

I adore that fox quilt block. I have to go looking for that pattern.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

So happy to hear that your husband is recovering nicely! Amazed at how much you have accomplished despite adding to your daily work load! I adore that Mary Brown block and that sweet little fox. You are an inspiration!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
your applique is superb, wonderful projects and so much progress.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

OH I love you MB, Fox, and Ms Lincoln blocks! So glad hubby had no problems with the knee surgery - that is a plus! You did well for the month! Hugs