Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Sunny Skies

Sunny skies this morning.  I am so over the gray, rainy, snowy days we've been having.  I decided to try posting more than once a month.  So here goes....

I worked on my Cheddarback blocks for this month.  I can't believe we only have a couple of months left on this quilt.



I got a few projects finished at the end of last month but I needed to get the binding sewn down before I shared photos.

This is my version of Lori's Sew Along called Almost Amish.  Instead of a square wall hanging I added a block and turned it into a table runner.  This is going to be a Christmas gift.



My second finish is a Halloween Quilt.  This is going to be a surprise gift to someone special.



For now it's back to the sewing room to see what mischief I can get into.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I agree, the sun makes all the difference! I know I should feel guilty inside my sewing room when the sun is shining, but I don't! Love the Halloween quilt. Not my favorite holiday, yet you have managed to perk it up quite a bit! Love the Amish table runner and your Cheddarback blocks are beautiful. I love your shirting background and sashing.

Robin said...

Your Cheddarback blocks look terrific. I finished mine a few minutes ago. I am trying to only use each fabric once and so I am getting low on my color choices (except for green). My blocks turned out a little muddy this month. I really like your Almost Amish table runner. That blue really sparkles.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your version of Almost Amish--the table runner will make a great gift. I finished my Cheddarback blocks last night. It was a fun group of blocks and it's hard to believe we are almost to the end. Your little thimbles are adorable!

Karen said...

Even living in the warmer climate that I do, I am tired of gray cool days. For you, there are still bound to be snow days but every done past brings you closer to spring.
What pattern did you use for the quilt in your header? I like the folk art look.

Janet O. said...

As I opened your post, your version of Almost Amish just jumped out at me. It is very striking!
That Halloween quilt doesn't scream "Halloween"! Looks like a happy little tumbler quilt if you don't looks closely at the prints. :)

Kyle said...

Your bright colors and happy patterns can over shadow those dark cloudy days!

Lin McQ said...

Your Cheddarback blocks are great. I like how you changed the 12” block. Can you tell me how you made it. I dont want to try and tackle those Y seams in the original pattern.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Nice projects and yes sunshine is essential! Your table runner is lovely.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I do my Vitamin D lamp each morning -always gives me a great push for the day! Your projects are so pretty! My 2020 will start in May or June. Hugs - hoping you are feeling better this month.

Lori said...

We've had sunny skies too!!
Love all your projects and the Almost Amish as a table runner is perfect!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.