Saturday, February 29, 2020

End of the Month Round Up

I can't believe how much I got done this month...knock on wood...I hope I can do as well for the next month.

So here we go.

1.  Celebrating Mary Brown.


 Don't look at it too long...it's a little lopsided.  But the good thing is that it is done.

Be sure to visit KarenJennieRobinRebecca, and Nanette to see what they are doing.

2.  Mrs. Lincolns Quilt.



This is a fun quilt to work on.  I love having a pieced and an applique block to work on each month.  I'm working on this with Julie  see what she is up to.

3.  Monthly Mini




Of course my Mini had to have a heart on it for February.  I'm linking with Wendy


I finished up with my to do list so I decided to work on a couple of UFO's.

The first UFO was a project I started a couple of years ago  It was going to be a wedding gift for my grandson till I found out they didn't want anything with brown.






I made it a little smaller than originally planned but it is still a good size lap quilt.  Now I need to get it quilted and then I will have another Christmas quilt made.

The second UFO is my Floral Hexie Quilt.





I'm looking forward to quilting this one.  I've quilted a hexie quilt before and it goes really quickly.  Once finished it will be another Christmas gift.

Well that's it for now.  Tomorrow starts a new month and more projects.  Don't tell anyone but I signed up for another BOM.  It starts next month.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Great job on getting all this done...hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Lots of quilty fun here. Your hexie quilt looks so spring like, I'll be interested to see how you quilt it.

Robin said...

Your Mary Brown block looks great. I like the way your fabric choices blend together. I'm working on that block too but didn't get it finished for this month's update. I think I appliqued it the hard way but as they say "done is perfect" for me. The Mrs. Lincoln blocks look great. I think I might adapt the blue block (love the fabrics you chose) to a 5" block for the Cheddarback quilt. I'll have to go check and see if we already did one like it. You've been really busy.

Karen said...

I think your Mary Brown block looks good. I am guessing you made it the way I did...all applique with the lighter fabric in one piece?

How much of the Mrs. Lincoln quilt do you have done? Just an estimate. I have been looking at my Lori Smith patterns and trying to decide if I should start another or wait a while. I have a couple where I already enlarged the applique designs for an easier stitch. I am also thinking of making Dawn Heese's "The Farmhouse Sampler" as I just got some fabric that could work and at a very reasonable price.

Kyle said...

Mary Brown's block looks like it would have been a challenging one, especially with curves and sharp points. Great job. You accomplished so much in a short month with even some Christmas projects almost done.

Rebecca in AK said...

I think your Mary Brown looks great! I can’t see where it is “lopsided”. Very sweet mini for February. I love blue and brown together! A lovely quilt someone will be very happy to receive for Christmas. Pretty hexie quilt top too. You have had another busy month.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You've accomplished a lot (and March is a longer month, so that bodes well right?), and your February mini house is sweet as can be with the heart!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow--you have been busy! I did look at that block for a long time and it looks great to me! Love your little mini too.

Jennie in GA said...

Congrats on getting so much done. Mary Brown looks great to me!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

The first block is my favorite, but love all your work.

QuiltGranma said...

Lots of exciting quilt progress to see in this post!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

This is the cutest mini ever! I have finally linked everyone (I hope) in to my post which was late rather than early as I thought I would be doing. Somehow, it didn't post before I left. Such is technology! Your blocks are really coming along. I especially love the applique block (go figure!). Thanks for another great mini. Keep up the good UFO work too!

Binsa said...

I enjoyed seeing your lovely projects Cathy

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good Cathy! How are you doing? You are certainly catching up with all your projects - I need to look at Ms Lincoln' quilt pattern! Hugs