Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Keeping Busy

I've started so many new BOMs that I have to keep them all written down so I can keep track of them all.

In my last post I shared a photo of my Cheddarback blocks for the month.  Now I will share 4 more BOMs.

1.  Quilt Doodles.  These blocks are 20".



I'm making my blocks scrappy looking using different reds and whites or off whites.


2.  Pat Sloan's Out West.


I bought a FQ bundle for this.  I liked the dark blue so much that I purchased some yardage of it to use for the border and binding.


3.  Barbara Brackman's Yankee Notions.


I am using the same background in all my blocks.  I am really loving the grays and tan fabrics.


4.  Minick and Simpson's Derby House.


For this BOM I receive the patterns and fabrics each month.  I absolutely love the fabrics.


I have a finish to show you.


This is a 2016 Sugar Block club BOM.  I've shown pictures of the quilt top that I finished last year.  Well I got it sandwiched and machine quilted using my free motion foot.  Then I sewed on the binding.  While doing this I noticed how bad the quilting was....I mean really bad.  So what I ended up doing is taking out the machine stitching one block at a time and then hand quilting the block using gray #12 Perle cotton.  I really like how it turned out.


Here is a close up.


I have so many UFO's and tops that need quilting.  I'm slowly working on them.  I have chosen my next UFO to work on.  It is a quilt inspired by the Fat Quarter Shop's Patchwork Quilt Along.  There are 12 different blocks but I have chosen to only use 3.


I plan on doing a row of each different pattern.  You might remember that I started working on this as a wedding quilt for my Grandson.  They didn't want brown.  So I made a different quilt for them.  The quilt will be 8 blocks by 9 blocks.  3 rows of each block.  The blocks are 5" finished, the sashing is cut 1 1/2" and finish at 1", and I have made corners stones out of the blues.


I want to thank you for stopping by.  I hope you found something you like.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW--all such lovely projects in the works!! I love your new header--beautiful buttonhole stitching on that...hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

Wow! I can see why you need a list or spreadsheet to keep track of all your BOM's. Great job and you're doing a good job making each project have a different style.

Needled Mom said...

How DO you keep track of all those fabulous projects? They will all be beautiful.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You've got a lot of ongoing projects! I'm starting Yankee Notions TODAY.;). I love your Sugar Block finish - a few blocks in there that I've never seen.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

You have so many fun projects happening! What a feat to remove your machine stitching and replace with hand quilting--worth the effort for such a lovely finish. I'm trying to resist Yankee Notions, but love you house block. Happy sewing!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your projects are so pretty - love the new header! Hope all is well, we are making it! Hugs

Jennie in GA said...

Great job! My head is spinning,I know that yours is. But they are great projects. Keep on keeping on.

Karen said...

You are doing a lot of block of the month quilts. I can see why you are busy, busy. busy!
I can't imagine taking our machine quilting and replacing it with hand quilting. Must have taken a lot of time. I remember a friend purchasing a handmade quilt at an auction and then taking out the machine quilting replacing it with hand quilting.

Allie said...

You must be the queen of organization, lol - wow so many beautiful projects!!

Lori said...

I've got a few big projects going but not as many as you! Love them all! Congrats on the quilt finish!!

Janet O. said...

I don't know how you keep track or keep up with all of this.
One of these days I will have to try making 20" blocks instead of 20" quilts. LOL
I especially like the Derby House project!

O'Quilts said...

I love the grays and tans...a great look