Friday, January 25, 2019

January's UFO

Woo Hoo!!!  Can I have a drum roll?  My goal for this month was to finish a UFO from 3 years ago.  "Civil War Moments".  Ta Da......


I just finished sewing the last border on.  I'm so happy it is done.  I used 2 different pieced blocks and changed one of the applique blocks.  The flower is the one I changed.  This quilt is for my husband.  He is a big civil war buff.  And he really likes it.

So I went through my list of UFO's for the year.  The UFO for February is Sentimental Stitches Sew Along "Simple Summer Sampler".  Not sure if this one will get finished.  I've made 17 blocks and need to make another 33 blocks.  They are 9" finished.


I didn't realize that I'm using the same fabrics for the Pat Sloan's Flower Bouquet Weekly Block along.  That's okay....I love blue.

I'm also working on a flower applique quilt.  2 more blocks and then I can start on the appliqued border.  2 Pat Sloan quilt alongs.  I started making string blocks.  And don't forget "Dearest Boy".  Be sure to stop back on the 30th for the reveal of the next block.

I cut out a bunch of Half Hexagon blocks and started sewing them together.  And I finished half log cabin blocks that I made from a Layer Cake.  They are also in shades of blue.

Since it's so cold out I'm hiding out in my sewing room getting some quality time with my sewing machine.

Thanks for stopping by.  Keep warm and get some sewing done.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Robin said...

What a wonderful finish! It looks so great. I think it's really special that your husband is interested in this quilt. My husband doesn't show much interest. It sounds like you are busy with many more projects. Isn't that why we have January, so we can quilt while it's so cold outside?

julieQ said...

Wow! I love your finish...and those blue blocks! Very fun for a frosty day!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Drum roll indeed! Good job!

Kyle said...

I'll give you a drum roll too. Another great finish. Your UFO list will be nonexistent by the end of the year.

Janet O. said...

It looks great! But I have to say I am getting hives just reading your SAL list!!
Love the blue/cream blocks--great color pairing, IMHO.

Lori said...

What awesome quilts! I love the blue sampler!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on finishing your goal! Great work!

Needled Mom said...

Woohoo! So glad you met your goal. It looks nice too. Those blues are going to be beautiful.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

congrats on the fnish! My hubby also takes interest in what I am working on! We are lucky! You will be a busy lady in February! Hugs

Allie said...

I love your hubby's quilt, how special is that!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful, Cathy!