Wednesday, October 21, 2020

One Year Anniversary

 I can't believe it has been a year since I had my surgery for breast cancer.  I feel pretty good.  The pain in my left breast has dulled somewhat.  They tell me I am now cancer free although I still need to see my oncologist every 6 month and get my annual mammogram. 

I just recently celebrated my 71st birthday.  Inside I feel quite young, unfortunately the outside is showing the wear and tear of 71 years...lol

Now for an update of the projects I've been working on.

1. Seasons BOM



These were the blocks for this month.  Buttons will be added to the Snowman.


With these blocks I was able to sew some sections together.  This is part of the middle section.


This is the completed bottom row.  

2.  1930's BOW


3.  Barbara Brackman's Yankee Notions


4.  Aunt Em's Baskets and Blooms.


This is a very tall row.  It is 12" x 54".  I still need to add blocks at the top

5.  Annebelle BOM


At first I was disappointed when I got this months pattern.  These stars go around the medallion.  However there are suppose to be 16 blocks.  8 in two different colorways.  Well once I started working on these blocks I was glad that I was only making 8 blocks.  They took quite a bit of time to finish.  Next month I should get the second colorway.

6.  I started a new project.


These blocks were made using a Layer Cake.  There is only a 1" x 5" strip left over after cutting the layer cake.  The blocks finish at 9"  12 down and 30 to go.  I have them all cut out so it shouldn't take too long.

Well that's it for now.  Be sure stop back at the end of the month for more updates.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy




 

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh great news Cathy;)))
I really like your Seasons BOM piece I like the idea of calendar quilts...
Hugs, Julierose

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Congratulations on being one year free of Cancer. I was diagnosed in 2013 with Brest Cancer (on my left breast). I am on my seventh year cancer free. I must say that that tenderness has never gone away; maybe better but not back to normal. Blessings to you that you will always remain cancer free. I do enjoy seeing all the wonderful quilts that you sew.

Robin said...

What a wonderful anniversary! I always love seeing what you are up to.

Needled Mom said...

Those are the anniversaries to celebrate! I wish you many more happy anniversaries. Glad to see the cute blocks are continuing to be sewn too.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Congratulations on this great milestone! Your quilt projects reflect a lot of energy and creativity. It's fun to see your updates.

Barb said...

Such a big milestone in your Cancer recovery! I'm sorry you are still experiencing some pain.
Looks like you have a lot of fun projects to keep you engaged.
I really like the whimsical Seasons BOM

Kyle said...

What a wonderful anniversary to be celebrating!!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh Cathy, what a wonderful thing to celebrate! We are all thankful for your anniversary and all your inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Janet O. said...

Good for you on your year of being Cancer free!!
From all you are stitching up, your 71 years are not slowing you down at all!! :)

Karen said...

I am so glad for you to be cancer free. You had a scary year.

My goodness! You have lots of projects going and a lot done to share pictures of in your post. The seasonal quilt is my favorite of your projects this time.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wonderful progress Cathy, love your new blocks. Congratulations on defeating cancer.

Jennie in GA said...

I concur with you....I am 72 and feel much younger. Can’t figure out where the years went and am always surprised when the changes brought on by aging stare me in the face. Just love those happy BOM blocks, but the 30’s block steals my heart. As always, amazed at how much you accomplish and how you stick with your projects. Congrats on being a year out from breast cancer.

Jessica Lennon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.