Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Running Late

I forgot to write this post up last night and I overslept this morning.  Oh well...that's life in the big city...lol

Fall has come to Michigan.  It's much cooler here and the skies are changing.  I've been spending lots of time in my dungeon sewing room.

Here we go...

1.  Celebrating Mary Brown.



 I managed to get 2 blocks finished.  I really love these blocks.  However it's going to take a long time to finish it.

2.  Mrs. Lincolns Quilt.


I'm love doing one appliqued block and one pieced.

3.  Aunt Em's Baskets and Blooms



This is going to be a very scrappy quilt (Except for the background).  The above blocks are 6 1/2"

4.  3030 Quilt by Sentimental Stitches



These blocks are posted once a week.  They are 6" and some are tricky to make.

5.  Derby House.


This is the final month.  I still have a large applique block to make.  The quilt is put together in vertical rows.  I have the first row sewn together.  It consists of 8" blocks.  Row 2 is 5" inch blocks.  I will show my progress in sewing the quilt together next month.

6.  Two Bits Patches 1930's quilt.


These are the first 4 blocks.  They come out once a week and are 6".

7.  Sewcialities.


Yep I did it again.  Joined another sew along.  This one is from the Fat Quarter Shop.  The patterns are for 3 different sizes.  3", 6" and 9".  I am doing the 9" blocks.  The blocks come out once a week.

8.  Monthly Mini


This quilt is 8 1/2" x 7 1/2".  It is a Cheri Payne design.  Fall is my favorite time of year and I just love anything with pumpkins and crows.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found something to inspire you to quilt.

Hugs, Cathy



16 comments:

Karen said...

I love your posts with a wrap up of all you are working on for the month. So much goodness to see.
I see you reached your goal of two Mary Brown blocks this month. I am trying to decide when to start on big blocks for the center. Do you have a preference?

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You are making such progress on your many projects. Very cute mini. I love pumpkin too - but not crows. In Tokyo they are a nuisance, and feared - really awful. But as cute folky motifs? Sure, that work;).

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, you may be running late, but you surely made up for it in accomplishments!! Love your super cute mini! We all need a little pumpkin happiness right now. Those Mary Brown blocks are so gorgeous!! They keep calling me! I have linked you into today's post.

Sandy said...

Looks like you had a busy month, Kathy! Your blocks are all lovely, but that first one is a knockout. Cute little Halloween mini - I like the crow!

Susan said...

You are one busy quilting lady! I'm trying to decide if I can add ONE project - Mrs. Lincoln's quilt - before you all get too far ahead of me!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love your little primitive mini, pumpkins and crows are a favorite around here.

julieQ said...

Oh how I love your blocks! It Will be very fun to see our finished quilts!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow Cathy,
so many beautiful projects. Love your applique's.

Barb said...

what a great post with lots of inspiration.
I love that block with the birds.
Cute mini too!

Robin said...

You are amazing in the volume of work that you get done in one month. I love the Mary Brown blocks. The colors and fabrics are great.

Kyle said...

Beautiful colors and blocks this month. Your monthly mini is so sweet and the prim style is so fun.

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful blocks. Thanks for the lovely eye candy this morning!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous blocks!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love all your projects! You are progressing so well on all of them. Lovely sewing and the Cheri block caught my eye. I'm a member of the friends of Cheri facebook group. I stitched her Sew Spooky hanging a couple of years ago. It felt freeing to stitch in a primitive manner.

Jessica Lennon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Richmond Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.