Thursday, September 10, 2020

Busy Couple of Weeks

 We've been busy.  First my daughter and her husband went to Vegas for their anniversary and we watched their dog, Bear.  I thought I had a photo of him but I don't.

Both granddaughter's are going to MSU.  Ashley is starting her second year and is renting a house with 2 other girls.  Cassidy alas is a freshman and they have closed the school so she will be taking all her courses on the computer at home.

Ashley's dad, my son Patrick, had to put their dog down.  He had Lyme's Disease and developed kidney failure.  She was such a sweet dog and we will all miss her terribly.

And finally my youngest son, Michael, signed the papers on his very own house.  So there was lots of moving and buying for the new house.

Now for the sewing updates.

1.  Aunt Em's Baskets and Blooms Block of the week.



Here are the first two blocks sewn together.



With the new blogger all my photos download to the my blog all at one time.  I guess next time I will download one project at a time.


2.  Pat Sloan's Bringing Home the Tree Sew Along.  This is the first row.  It's on the back burner right now as I have a few more pressing projects to work on.

3.  Another Pat Sloan BOM.  Out West.  This is the right side third of the quilt.

Here's a close up of September's block.


4. Sentimental Stitches 3030 Block of the week.  I'm still a bit behind on this one but I do have a couple of blocks to share with you.



5.  Seasons BOM.  I had 3 blocks to make this month and then I sewed them to blocks I had made previously where applicable.






6.  Derby House BOM.  This is an applique block from a couple of months ago that I needed to finish.  I simplified this block otherwise I would still be working on it.  I just got the fabrics and patterns for this the final month.  Can't wait to start putting this quilt together.



7.  Annabelle BOM.  This is going to be a 90" x 90" Medallion quilt.  This month I had to sew 2 borders.  The first a plain border and the second was made up of Flying Geese.  It took me 3 days to finish this round.  It's only going to get harder....lol


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are getting lots of quilting done and staying safe.


Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Kyle said...

I think each time you show your projects and new blocks the list gets longer. Its amazing how much you complete!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sorry to hear about your Granddog. It's so hard to say goodbye.

Love all your blocks and projects.

Janet O. said...

So many things going on in your family AND your sewing room!
I am liking the way the medallion quilt is going. Do you know how many more rounds there will be?

Flickenstichlerin said...

great achievements, all these wonderful projects and blocks. I am stunned.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Lots of family updates and projects updates. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved family pet. Good luck to your college students! What a challenging time for them! All of your blocks are wonderful (how in the world do you get so much done?!) and if I had to pick a favorite it would be the Derby House! Just such a lovely block!

Jennie in GA said...

Sounds like your family keeps you busy, too! So sorry about your grand dog. Such a painful decision to have to make. Honestly, you get so many blocks down on so many quilts! Every month I am amazed. Happy stitching!

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great bunch of projects and blocks!

Binsa said...

Enjoyed seeing your projects, very prolofic.