Friday, March 15, 2019

Dearest Boy and More

Boy this month is flying by.  It is time to share the next block in our Dearest Boy journey.




This block gave me fits.  It is wonky but I'm happy with it.  I really need to start working on the center cow block.  I keep putting it off because it is a large block.

Please be sure to stop by Karen'sJulie's and Carole's Blogs to see their versions.


I'm excited to say that I got my March UFO finished.  It is a Sugar Club BOM from 2016.  I started out with 6 blocks.  I finished sewing the top together this morning.  I'm going to see if I can get it quilted this month.



For the most part the fabrics are low volume.  Not what I'm used to.


I made the next Sprouts block for Barbara Brackman's Hospital Sketches.


The sprouts fit better in my time available.  Although I really wan to eventually make the larger blocks.


On a final note my grandson Brian and his wife Jess finally got to go on a honeymoon.  The flew into Paris and left the next day to Morocco.



They booked a camel riding tour.  They are having a blast.



Enjoying the sites....Today they leave for Greece.  I love the sense of adventure these two kids have.  They are the best.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found something of interest.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your block is lovey. I like the little sprout too. How wonderful that your grandson loves adventure. Mine does too, but he is only 14 months old!

Janet O. said...

Looks like a very tricky block, but it turned out well.
The finished UFO colors make me think of an ice castle. :)
Sounds like quite a memorable honeymoon, for sure!

Karen said...

I found the block slow going this time. A lot of fussy little parts. The next one in line looks easier. Your block does not look wonky to me.

You got your March UFO done with lots of time to spare. Now what will you be working on the rest of the month?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All of your blocks look lovely - I especially like the light colors of the BOMs. Congrats on getting the top pieced.

sandi s said...

I love your blocks, they are wonderful. Hugs,

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your blocks and your BOM!

Allie said...

Oh that block is just darling!!!! Love your new finish and the little sprout, how cute. Looks like your grandson and his wife are really enjoying their adventures!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good Cathy! Very nice looking couple!

Lori said...

If you can't travel it is fun to watch your loved ones travel!!

Terrific blocks and kudos on the quilt top!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow-what an amazing and memorable honeymoon! I think your blocks is just fine--it looks like a pretty chanllenging one, for sure! Love the little Sprout!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Lots of interesting happenings in this post! Such wonderful pics of your Grandon's honeymoon. Love your latest Dearest Boy block, it doesn't look wonky to me - why are we so hard on ourselves??