Thursday, January 31, 2019

Strings

Everywhere I look in the sewing room I see strings.  I haven't worked on these blocks as much as I'd like but I do have 16 blocks made.

I tried 2 different layouts.  Number 1....



I'm not real fond of this.  


Number 2....



Oh yeah...this one is a keeper.  Now I just need to make more blocks.  This will not be a short term project.  This is going to take a while but I think it will be worth it.

I'm linking up with Lori at Humble Quilts.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

P.S. Another day of below zero weather.  We haven't had mail delivery in 4 days.

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh yes. #2 it is. I love string blocks

Lori said...

String blocks actually make good leaser/enders! I'm finding that out by personal experience. What size are they? Looks great! Stay warm!!

Janet O. said...

Great choice! Looks really good!

Julierose said...

I love No. 2 also--that is my favorite setting--["Ojo Di Dios" one of the very first quilts my Grand-mere taught me to make --stitched on muslin squares]
Loving your colors so rich and pretty nice work hugs,Julierose

Angie in SoCal said...

I love both, but if I had to pick one it would be #2. Thanks for sharing.

Kyle said...

These blocks can be addictive. Yours look great.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your number two setting is one of my favorites. It will make a fabulous quilt.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I like the 2nd setting also! Hugs

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, I guess I would agree with you since I am setting mine like your number two version too! Your stings just sing!

Paulette said...

Very nice! I like the variety of colors you're using!

Linda said...

Love these blocks!!