Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Back in the Saddle

In other words back to working on Dearest Boy.  It was nice taking the month of December off.  Gave me more time for Christmas shopping and working on other projects.

We are just about half way to the end.




I tell you....this was one difficult block.  It looks wonky.  But that's okay.  It's finished.

I've been getting a lot done lately.  I have 2 pieced blocks and 2 applique blocks to make for my UFO of the month, Civil War Memories.  It will be nice to get it done.  I'll share photos later this month.

I need the final 3 of 16 of the flower blocks for another project.

I started making some strip blocks.  I have 10 done.

And I've been getting in 30 minutes of hand quilting  every night.

All will be revealed later this month.

We don't have snow here but the weather has been really cold.  It makes for nice sewing time.  The sewing room is nice and toasty.  Fabric makes for great insulation.

Well thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

7 comments:

julieQ said...

Wow girl!! you go!!! Love your block...and all the progress you have been making!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! You are on a roll! And, that does look like a very difficult block. Good for you!

Karen said...

Your block does not look wonky to me. I am glad we only needed one of them for the quilt.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I agree with Karen, it doesn’t look wonky at all - it just looks amazing! I’ll have to saddle up for this challenging block myself :D

Janet O. said...

I don't see the wonkiness, either. And look at how precisely things match up where the blocks meet. I'd say you did a great job!

Kyle said...

Your blocks looks terrific. You're on a gigantic positive roll.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your star looks great Cathy! I love winter time. I had scheduled 4 things to complete this month and so far so good. Two baby blankets should be completed and quilted in the next week. I may even finish the few goals before the end of January. I too love the cold weather for sewing! OR the 100 degree weather - cannot do to much then either!

Take care