Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A Mini Finish

Wendy at theconstantquilter.blogspot.com had mentioned in December that she had purchased Pam Buda's book "Vintage Patchwork".  The book has 12 projects and she was planning on doing one project a month.  Since I had the book I decided to tag along.

The first project is called "North and South".  The quilt is only 8 1/2" x 12 1/2".  The center blocks are 4" finished.  The flying geese are 1" x 2" finished.  I must say that the tiny blocks were a bit of a challenge for me.  But I persevered finished this mini quilt.



I decided to hang it sideways on my wall.  I'm glad it is finished and I'm happy with the way it turned out.


Here is Block 2 of 20 for Pat Sloan's sew along "Flower Bouquet".




This block is called Bulb.  The blocks come out every Wednesday.  Block 3 was just posted.  Hoping to get it made today.

The weather is still cold and still no snow....knock on wood.  So I am getting some real sewing done.  Staying warm in my sewing room.  I'll have more to show you later this week.

I hope you are staying warm and getting some sewing done.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice work on the "north and south" wall hanging--
It looks so pretty hanging on that hanger--
luv, di

Kyle said...

Great little finish. Just saw Randy's and you both have done a great job. I like how you've been able to display it too.

Janet O. said...

Such a sweet little quilt! I'd like to join in, but don't know if I can do it.
This is titled after a book by Elizabeth Gaskell that I adore! That makes me even more anxious to sew along!

Robin said...

Such a cute little mini quilt. You have done a really nice job. The hanger adds so much to it.

Needled Mom said...

I like your little wallhanging and your block is so pretty in those fabrics.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

What a sweet little quilt--love how you have it displayed!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a fantastic finish! I love it hanging sideways too. I will link it in with my post (along with Randy's) right now. Good job!! Those tiny pieces are a challenge!

Karen said...

Small piecing on your mini quilt and a nice finish. Looks good on the little hanger.

That Pat Sloan is moving along on those blocks. It must be one a week. I saw she was already on block three.

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful mini, I love it! I have a lot of difficulty piecing blocks as small as those flying geese, yours look absolutely perfect!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful finish and a great way to display it.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Such a cute mini with terrific colors and I really like that sideways display!