Monday, July 17, 2017

A Flimsy

So my week alone didn't go as well as hoped.  I didn't get one of my quilt tops sandwiched for quilting.  Well, I take that back.  I did get my Prim Flower Swap Quilt finished and ready to go in the mail.

It was hot and humid and rained almost every day.  I did finish putting together my Vivid Grid quilt top.



There is another row but it is hidden.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  The quilt is 50" x 60".  It was made using Primitive Gatherings jelly rolls.

I bought some fabric to use for the alternate blocks for my Walnut Grove quilt.


I only cut out six squares to see how it looks.  These at the blocks I have made so far.  Today I am going to work on the next round of blocks.


This is a close up.  The alternate squares are a light floral print.  I'm very happy with look.

I have chosen my next machine pieced project to start after my Walnut Grove quilt.


I recently purchased this book on EBay.  I immediately fell in love with one of the quilts. 


The top quilt shown is an antique quilt.  The bottom is a quilt that Linda made.  I'm in the process of setting aside some fabrics for this quilt.  I'm going to be using fat quarters.   I want to make it large enough to use on my bed.  The strips are cut at 1 3/4".  Luckily I found an Accuquilt die that cuts 5 strips at a time so I can get the quilt cut out quickly.

After all the rain we had last week we have had a few days of perfect weather.  Today is beautiful.  The sun is shining and it is 69 degrees out.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Karen said...

Are you going to use the same type colors as Linda Brannock used in her quilt?

Julierose said...

Oh that will be so lovely--I think your Vivid Grid came out beautifully...great colors...hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

You've been busy. Love the colors you've been working with.

Nancy said...

Is the quilt in the first photo the one someone called Vivid Grid? Whatever its name I think it's wonderful. I love the pattern the blocks create. And that quilt from Linda Brannock has such a vintage feel to it (because the original is, of course). Will you go with colors similar to the original and Linda's with lots of golds, dark creams, and other autumn colors?

Needled Mom said...

Vivid Grid looks fantastic. I love the basket weave stripes too. That will be gorgeous.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It seems like my weeks never go as planned either. I love the Linda Brannock project--that's going to be a fun one to watch coming together.

Janet O. said...

Sorry things didn't go as planned, but it looks like you did get some things done. I always overestimate what I will accomplish--like I think real life won't happen along the way. LOL
Love the Linda Brannock quilt--REALLY love it!

Gayle said...

Love that Vivid Grid quilt top - it's very striking! And Linda Brannock's stripes is awesome - I think I have that book somewhere!

Lori said...

The accuquilt will be perfect for that quilt!