Monday, June 19, 2017

Sultry June

It's been a very hot and humid June.  We don't have central air.  However, I do have air conditioning in my bedroom and sewing room.

I've been working on some applique in the evenings and have been spending my days sewing.

I finished another 6 Vivid Grid blocks for a total of 18.  I need 30 for a quilt.


These blocks are 10".  I generally cut out the blocks ahead of time.  Then when I'm in the mood for some easy piecing the blocks are all set to start sewing.


Next up...Homestead Blocks


These are the first 6 blocks.  The blocks are from the Fat Quarter Shop's Charity Quilt sew along.  I've been making at least 20 blocks of each design.  These will be in a wedding quilt for my Grandson.


Finally we have another Christmas gift in progress.


This is a sixteen patch Camping/Beach quilt.



Here is a close of one of the blocks.  The orange has lots of trees and the lighter fabric has cars, boats, bikes and campers.

This quilt reminds me how much I miss camping.  We haven't been able to do much this year.  Hubby's parents are in their late 80's and need lots of attention and care.  He spends at least 3 days a week maybe more.  Thank goodness his brother lives with them.  

I hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying your beginning week.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I understand the being tied down part. When my dad was ill this winter/spring, I lived with them for 6 weeks to help my mom provide care. He did make a full recovery as much as can be expected for his age. I hope all goes well. Your projects look great!

Julierose said...

Nice blocks--my favorites are the vivid ones..hugs, Julierose

Kristie said...

Lovely blocks! Lots of progress going on. It has been pretty warm here in KY too. My sewing room is upstairs and I don't have a/c up there so I use the longarm in short bursts then come back downstairs to cool off. Luckily I have a few machines downstairs to sew on.
Blessings...
Kristie

Karen said...

The Homestead blocks are my favorite. You have been doing a good bit of piecing. I would stay in the sewing room with the air-conditioning all day long. Do you have a tv in there?

Janet O. said...

If you only have AC in the sewing room and bedroom that is a good reason to just sew and sleep and go out to eat. : )
Looks like a nice variety of blocks to keep things interesting in the sewing room.

jann said...

Great color choices on the blocks...and a nice variety of blocks. So glad to met someone else who's got multiple projects going at the same time! Happy sewing today...

Needled Mom said...

Fun blocks! I especially like those Homestead blocks.

Lynn said...

Great looking quilts the picnic one is certainly fun. I made one like your first blocks recently - I'll be interested to see how you quilt it.

Kyle said...

If the weather remains hot, and you stay where it's air conditioned, you'll be getting all those blocks done in record time!