Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Flimsy

I finished the "Beach, Camping and Softball Quilt".


 The quilt top is hanging on my design wall.  It looks a little wonky but it is in fact very straight.  This is a Christmas gift for my softball playing granddaughter.  The fabric for the backing is softballs.  It is the perfect size for Camping, taking to the beach and of course taking to a softball tournament.





I'm continuing to work on my Walnut Grove Sampler.  I just finished the 10 sawtooth star blocks.


Next up I need to make 14 Churn Dash blocks.  I went shopping for the fabric for the alternate blocks.  I found a couple I liked.  One is a neutral print and the other is a muted floral.  I'm hoping to get some photos soon to show you.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to check back on the 30th to see the second block for the Linda "Flowers" sew along Karen at Log Cabin Quilter and I are doing.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Ruth said...

The Christmas quilt will definitely be good for taking to ball games. And I love your stars. The quilt will be lovely.

Karen said...

Is the Walnut Grove pattern from a magazine, book, or individual design? I am not familiar with the pattern.

Baseball fabric for the back of the quilt will make your grand-daughter happy. Does she read your blog?

Janet O. said...

I'll bet your granddaughter will appreciate that gift from Grandma. : )
I really like that sampler. Some samplers get too busy looking, IMHO, but this has a nice combination of traditional blocks with a pretty layout. Looking forward to seeing your setting square fabric choices.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love that Walnut Grove sampler!And I'll bet you will have one happy softball player when she gets that quilt!

Sandi said...

What a great theme for a quilt! Mit looks lovely and I'm sure she will love it for many years!

Congrats on your progress on your other quilt, will be interesting to see what you've planned for the next set of backgrounds!

Julierose said...

Lovely finish for your granddaughter's quilt--I am sure she'll love it!
I like your star colors a lot especially with the changing backgrounds nice
hugs, Julierose

Unknown said...

It looks AWESOME mom!!! :) I can't wait to use it! Lol!

Kyle said...

What a delightful quilt for your granddaughter. One that I'm sure she'll use for a long long time.

Lori said...

I love this quilt and I bet your granddaughter will too!

Sawtooth star is one of my favorite blocks!! I love yours.

Needled Mom said...

I love the stars! Your granddaughters quilt is wonderful. She will really enjoy it.

Barb said...

what a wonderful Christmas gift for you GD! she will love it I'm sure.
Your stars are wonderful for the Walnut Grove Sampler pattern.
fun project!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well aren't you just ready for Christmas, girl! Lovely quilt, she'll adore it. Your stars are great!!