Monday, August 15, 2016

Front Porch

I'm happy to say I finished the watermelon blocks.  However, I pieced them instead of appliqueing them.  I've been having eye problems and took the easy way.  This will make my quilt unique to me.


The first block I cut the red block too small...even though I had written out the correct directions...lol


And here is the moon and watermelon.  

In case you missed it.  I finally finished the basket block for this quilt.


It turned out better than I hoped.  I just wished I had chosen a different green.


I went for my second mammogram session in 2 weeks.  This time they concentrated on the right breast.  They took 8 films and I also had an ultrasound.  I am happy to say that they said there was nothing to be concerned about.  WHEW!!!!  They couldn't find my old films to compare so that is why I had to go for the second mammogram.  


Friday I went for my eye lid surgery.  I don't want to go through that again.  My right eye is fine, I just had a small growth removed.  The left eye still has swelling and some bruising.  I had 2 growths removed.   Hopefully I'm done.

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to link up with Lori @ Humble Quilts.  Hope to see you there.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Tina said...

Your 'Front Porch' is looking great and I LOVE your watermelons!

Dawn said...

Cute blocks! So happy you got good news. Hope your eyes heal quickly.
Take care!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, the piecing came out great! I like the different looks everyone has come up with. Yours are very clever!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I think it's great when our quilts become unique to their makers - good solution with your watermelons. Hope your eye heals quickly and good news on the mammogram.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Great idea to piece those melons! I am planning to piece the boat when we get to that block. So glad the mammogram news is good. I had my annual exam last month and it was done with 3D. I was expecting something like a sci-fi movie, but it seemed exactly the same. Hope your eye surgery heals with no issues!

Kyle said...

So happy to read your good news. I like your pieced watermelons. They look harder than appliquéing.

Karen said...

Creative of you to think of piece the watermelon blocks instead of applique. And it gets the same effect.

Ouch to the eyelid surgery!

Needled Mom said...

The pieced watermelons are great! It sounds like you have had more than your share of medical appointments. Time for a break now!

Janet O. said...

I think the watermelon is very cute the way you made it. It is always a good thing to have your creation be a little different from the others, in my opinion!
Good news from the mammograms! Thanks for letting us know. And I hope the eye heals and all can be well there.

Lori said...

Alrighty, Cathy, Enough doctors! LOL Glad to hear you are on the mend. What a fun way to make the watermelon blocks!! Nice job!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Those watermelons are amazing, love them and your basket block! I'm glad your surgery is done, and really glad nothing was found on the mammogram. Hope your left eye is back to normal soon!