Thursday, January 21, 2016

Yippee

I can't believe it.  After 5 years Henrietta Whiskers is finally done.  The last quilting stitch was done on Tuesday night.  The binding was finished last night.  I got up early this morning and put her in the washer and dryer.  And now....



I quilted around the applique and then cross hatched the balance of the quilt.  It is now hanging on the wall in the living room.  Hubby says it is his favorite quilt.  So glad to have this quilt finally finished.


I received the patterns for January's blocks for the Cabot Cuties II BOM.  Here are blocks 1-11.


These blocks finish at 4 1/2". 

Hubby and I are going for a ride today, out to lunch, antiquing and visiting a few quilt shops.  Hope you have something fun scheduled for today.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is so cute! Isn't it great to finish something after that long?

Ray said...

Love your quilt! The little blocks are great

Nancy said...

Beautiful finish Cathy and your blocks are looking good. I signed up for Cabot Cuties after seeing your post about the quilt. Have no idea if I will ever get around to making it.

Janet O. said...

How satisfying to have that finished now! It is very fun. I enjoy looking at the details.
You know I love your cute little blocks.
Sounds like a fun afternoon. I think I could use a day like that about now! : )

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Heneritta Whiskers is beautiful

Kyle said...

A fantastic finish! Your quilt is delightful and it seems fitting for a prominent place in your home. Hope you had fun today.

Barb said...

congratulations it is wonderful!
MMMM grab a good book or nap with this sweet quilt

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on a great finish!!!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow--has it really been five years?!? My patterns are still in the to-do pile, so I really admire that you have yours finished--it's adorable!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful quilt Cathy, congratulations to this finish. It is gorgeous, and so are your little blocks, very pretty.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Lori said...

Congrats on getting the UFO complete! I remember that quilt and still think it is adorable!!
Your blocks are wonderful !!