Thursday, January 28, 2016

Not Sure....

I'm not sure if I like my border fabric or not on my Old Voices quilt.



It looks better in the photo than it does in person.  But still not sure. 


I started the 1857 Sampler by Sentimental Stitches.  I'm going to do a different layout.  Not sure if I like the diamonds in the corners.


I love the blocks.  I'm not using solids as I don't have many and am trying not to buy fabric right now except for backings. 

Speaking of backings.  I need one for this quilt.  I plan on finishing up some old UFO's and this one is scheduled for February.


The quilt top is finished I now need to get some fabric for the backing and binding.  I'm thinking on going with orange.

Another UFO I plan on finishing is my gray Churn Dash quilt.  I made this a while ago.


Yesterday I cut out another 6 blocks.  I'm hoping to get 20 blocks total.  These are 12" squares.  The quilt will be 4 blocks by 5 blocks.  This is also on my list for February.

I'm working on so many BOM's that won't be finished any time soon so it is nice to have some projects that I will definitely get done soon.

So I'm going out to buy some backings and then come home and get some sewing done.  I hope you have time to get some sewing done.

Hugs, Cathy

16 comments:

Karen said...

I like your border fabric just fine on Old Voices. It is so good to see it all together. I am glad we took the journey together.

Sue said...

Hi Cathy I actually like the border fabric. It makes the quilt look old fashioned in my opinion ( hope thats what you meant it to look like) :-)

Ray said...

Your Old Voices quilt is gorgeous, and I love the border. I love to see your work.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well it looks great in the picture, Cathy, I like it! I was tempted by that 1857 sampler, but no. I have enough to do, lol. Your quilts are just great, love the grey churn dash, and I think an orange backing would be wonderful on that one quilt. You're sure keeping busy!

Janet O. said...

What don't you like about the border? It does look good in the photo.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
you are working on a lot of beautiful projects,
greetings,
Sylvia

Kyle said...

The photo of your quilt and borders looks good from here. It has a very soft and antiqued look, like it's stood the test of time. I thought about the 1857 sampler but decided not to join in. It will be fun to work with the solids, especially if you haven't worked with to much. Hope you found some backing fabrics. It's nice to clear away some of those UFO's

Aunt 'Reen said...

I think your Old Voices quilt and borders look beautiful! I agree with Kyle, very soft spoken and vintage looking. Your 1857 sampler blocks are wonderful too. This one is so tempting...

Lori said...

I hope you got a lot accomplished. I really like the sash and border for your applique blocks.

Sandra said...

To me the borders look great on the Old Voices Quilt top. It looks perfect. Wonderful applique blocks! The orange does pop and adds interest to your ufo project. Good luck with finding fabrics and moving forward on all your quilts.

Ruth said...

The border and sashing let the blocks stand out which I think is good. It will look great after it's quilted and bound. Sometimes it's hard to picture, but after binding, I sometimes can't believe how much better it looks. I'm hoping to get some UFOs finished too. I have one that is just about all quilted but I've taken some time off from it. Maybe I'll finish it this week. Good luck with yours.

Nancy said...

Hi Cathy, I really like the sashing and borders you have chosen for your Old Voices top. I still have three blocks left to stitch and then I will have to start thinking about how I want to finish mine. I hope it turns out as nice as yours.
I haven’t started my 1857 journey yet as I am having trouble deciding on fabrics.

Sharon said...

The look is very vintage and I think it is excellent. I love the look! Good job. I'm still working on the machine applique. Mine is going to be brighter in color and I'm using a busy sashing. We will all have our own unique look.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

LOVE the setting, beautifully done!!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

LOVE the setting, beautifully done!!

julieQ said...

Cathy, I love this quilt too!! Simply gorgeous!!