Monday, February 7, 2022

February Chill

 It's been cold and it's been snowing.  The perfect weather for sewing.  I managed to get a few things done this first week of February.  First up, I had my check-up with the urologist.  I have to have a cystoscopy every three months for 2 years.  Tuesday I had a cystoscopy and it showed my scar is healing nicely and there are no growths.  Yeah!  On Friday I had a check-up with my GP and she said my sugars are looking good.  I had blood tests done and was told I to come back in 6 months instead of 3 months.  Another Yeah!

Now for the sewing.

1.  Pat Sloan's Sweet Dreams BOW.


2.  Autumn Frolic.



3.  Red and Green Quilt. 


 4.  The APQ UFO for this month is #7.  My #7 is Fig Tree's Sparkle and Cream BOM.  I had 2 months left to do.  I have a third of it put together.


It's made up of Low Volumn fabrics.  Today I work on the next third.

5.  Aviary BOM


This is a BOM offered by Dawn Heese and Bonnie Sullivan.  It is now a closed group.  We just got the first block's instructions.  It was designed to be a wool applique quilt.  I decided to do it using cottons.  I have to reverse the applique patterns.  It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

That's it for now.  Thank you so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy






11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Yay for good doctor appointments! Your blocks are looking great.

julieQ said...

HI Cathy! It is always a treat to see what you are up to, and I am delighted that you are doing well...in remission!! OH how I adore that Aviary quilt...wish it were not closed!

Kim said...

Great news! Happy to hear about the good health report.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Very cute blocks... and hurray for your health related "yays"!

Kyle said...

So glad to hear you've had good health reports. It makes the stitching that much more fun.

belarmina said...

Cathy me alegra escuchar buenos resultados de salud.
Preciosos bloques, me encanta rojos y verdes.
Saludos.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I started to join the Dawn BOM, but decided against this year - maybe next year and yes, it will be a beauty!

So happy for you to have such a good report on both issues. Keep on keeping on and I really enjoy your progress on your projects. Hugs

Nancy said...

That's all really great news on the health front. I'm so happy for you!
You've been doing a lot of sewing. All your blocks look wonderful. I'm especially interested in the Sparkle and Cream BOM. I love the low volume fabrics you've used.

Janet O. said...

Good news for you on the health front! WooHoo!
Your blocks all look really good. But I have to say that your BOM at the end will be a stunner!

Lori said...

Good news on your health! yay!!
Love your varied quilt projects. No boredom there!!

Shafira Aulia said...

"Thank you for nice information
Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"