Saturday, February 26, 2022

Another Chilly Day

 It warms up for a day or two and then we're back to freezing weather.   That makes for good sewing weather.

I've been busy.  I finished quilting 2 quilts and made my February mini.  Caught up on a BOW and finished the first block of the Aviary BOM.  I loved it so much I made it the photo at the top of my blog.  Here we go....

1.  February mini.


This is also a UFO that was about 3 years old.  I came across it while digging around in my sewing room.  I had to hand quilt it and bind.  It is a Cheri Payne pattern.

2.  I took another photo of my January APQ UFO.  This one is much better.



3.  Last month I made a Fig Tree quilt called Acorn Woods.  I made the top but didn't have time to quilt it.


I really love how this turned out.  

4.  The next quilt is another Fig Tree Pattern.  It was a 2021 BOM called "Sparkles and Cream".  I had 2 months left to finish.


As you can see they are very low volumn fabrics.  I was so happy to get it pieced, quilted and bound.  This quilt was my APQ UFO #7 for February.

5.  Aviary BOM.


This BOM was designed to be done in wools.  I really don't have any, so I chose to do mine in cottons.  I can't wait for the next block.

6.  Pat Sloan's "Sweet Dreams" BOW.


These are blocks 1-8.  

All in all I've had a productive month.  Looking forward to my March projects.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found something you like.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Robin said...

I made a low volume quilt and absolutely love it. Your "Sparkles and Cream" quilt is so sweet. I was so tempted to join in on that BOM. I love the Aviary block. Wish I could have jumped in on that one. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to.

belarmina said...

Cathy tus edredones siempre bonitos y perfectos!!
Me encantan los bloques de pájaros, el mini Cheri es un favorito lo tengo hecho también
Saludos

Kyle said...

A sweet monthly mini along with the other fabulous finishes. Your month was definitely productive.

Julierose said...

They are all such pretty projects, Cathy. The Aviary blocks are so sweet...love the colors you've chosen. Hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

You have had a really productive month. I love the new header block as well as your low volume. The acorn quiltis great too.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I like them all, of course the applique block is really a beauty! Hugs

Tazzie said...

Your mini quilt is just lovely, as well as all your other projects.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Janet O. said...

You have had a stinking' productive month! A very cute mini, and many other lovely projects. But I have to say that the block that is your new header photo is an absolute delight!

pandchintz said...

You’ve been very busy! So good to get some UFO’s finished

Lori said...

You have had a very productive month! The low volume quilts grow on me! That aviary block is darling!