Saturday, March 30, 2019

Dearest Boy and More

I'm late as usual....

Here is my version of Block 5B.


I didn't want to do individual spikes for the flower so I improvised.  For the berries I used a light gray fabric.  

Be sure to stop by Karen'sJulie's, and Carole's blogs to see their versions.



 Block 12 of Pat Sloan's Flower Bouquet.



This is the Bonus Block for the Cheddarback BOM.


I've been working on my Sally Post blocks whenever I have a bit of time.


This is block 16.  Instead of individual petals I did a circular flower.


And here is block 17.  It has a Christmas feel to it.


I've chosen my UFO for April....Jan Patek's Front Porch BOM.

Here are a few of the sections I have made.




I still need to make the bicycle block. and the boat section in the upper right corner.  This was a sew along hosted by Lori at Humble Quilts.  I'm looking forward to finishing this quilt.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found something you liked.

Hugs, Cathy

14 comments:

julieQ said...

I love your dearest Boy block...and wow, you have made amazing progress on so many blocks!

Lori said...

So many lovely blocks! Glad to see you picking up the Front Porch- I love that one. Sally Post is one of my favorite quilts!!

Karen said...

Your sunflower block looks good. You used red for the petals where I used yellow. All good.

I used to have the Front Porch pattern. Wonder if I still have it. I have a Jan Patek kit that needs doing. I forget the name of it.

Sally Post is moving along! I made a backing for mine so I can take it to the quilt shop for machine quilting.

Julierose said...

Loving your Dearest Boy block --colors are so rich and lovely.
Front Porch is so pretty, too and coming together so well-- hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Each of the Dearest Boy blocks I have seen on blogs have been unique in some way, but something they all share--I love the choices of fabrics for the vase in each one.
You have some great projects going. The Cheddarback bonus block really caught my eye, and I always love those pretty Sally Post blocks.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I found lots to love in this post but my favourite is the Dearest Boy block of course ;) Your little berries have been sewn perfectly and what a great idea to sew the petals in one piece.

Robin said...

I love the fabric you chose to make the vase for your Dearest Boy block. It's really wonderful.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Dearest Boy is beautiful! I love the fabric you chose for the vase especially.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have so many beautiful blocks shown here that it is hard to pick a favorite. I think the bird in the basket for the front porch quilt.

Kyle said...

Wonderful blocks. I think I would have improvised on the flower petals too. Love the Front Porch blocks!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects, all of them,

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my! What an accomplishment! You have a lot going on. I love your Dearest Boy block. I like your rendition of the flowers!

Allie said...

Cathy your blocks are just stunning - I love that you simplified them, I think they're perfect!!!!

Barb said...

your dearest boy block is so charming.
Lots of other great projects going on too. awesome cheddar block