Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Having a wonderful time....

Wish you were here.

We have been so busy.  2 10 year old girls can really keep you going.  My granddaughter Ashley found a quilt I had made her years ago.  I had never taken a picture of it.  Now I have one.


The pattern I used was originally a miniature quilt pattern.  So I just enlarged it.  You can't see it from this photo but I embroidered antennae on each butterfly.

Here are some photos from our vacation so far.


We visited a Pirate Ship in Marquette's Lower Harbor.


Went swimming in Lake Superior on Presque Isle.


Visited Seney Wildlife Refuge.  The above is an Osprey Nest with some babies.


An Eagles nest.  See the Eagle.


We saw quite a few Loons.  This is the only one close enough to get a picture.


And we saw thousands of Water Lilys.


Afterwards we drove down to Manistique to go swimming by the lighthouse. 


The cousins are having a ball.  They really enjoy one another and they really tire out their grand parents.  I'm totally exhausted by the days end.

The weather has been pretty good.  One day of heat and humidity, one day of rain and today it is beautiful.  It is in the seventies, sunny, slight breeze and at 10:30 in the morning the girls are still sleeping....lol

I've managed to work on my applique project I brought with me.  Again I can't show you as it is part of the 4th Quiltmaker Scrap Squad Quilt.  But soon, I promise.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Hugs, Cathy

4 comments:

Carrie P. said...

fun! i am enjoying your vacation with you. i hope to see a loon and the great lakes one day.

Janet O. said...

I like that butterfly pattern.
Some beautiful views, Cathy.

Anne said...

What wonderful memories for all of you. Lovely to find and photograph old quilts. :0) Your summer looks a lot of fun - even if it is exhausting, lol. Enjoy!

Allie said...

That is a lovely quilt Cathy, so glad you have a pic of it now - you need pics of everything you make! Looks like you're having a blast up there, wish I was there too. But hey, it was 66 this morning and rainy, actually chilly tonight - love it!