Thursday, July 12, 2012

Going on Vacation

We leave tomorrow to go to the Upper Peninsula to visit my son and his family.  We are going to take my granddaughter Cassidy so she can visit with her cousin Ashley.


This is what they looked like 2 years ago.  They have both grown so much.  I will post a picture of this duo next week to show how much they have grown.  We always have such a good time when we visit.


Last week I showed you the blocks I designed for my New Bee swap on 15 Minutes Play.  Well here are the first set of blocks I have received.  I am going to make some more so I can have a large quilt.  I think I am going to use white sashing between the blocks.  All these blocks are made from made fabric.  We have taken all our scraps, sewn them together and then cut them into our patterns.  I thought this would make me use up my scraps but they seem to multiply instead.  lol

Weather here is beautiful hope it is the same tomorrow when we cross the Mackinaw Bridge.  I will be sure to post pictures of our time up north.

BTW...I finished my latest Scrap Squad quilt.  Just waiting to hear when it will be posted on Quilty Pleasures Blog (Quiltmaker Magazine).  As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

Hugs, Cathy

4 comments:

Allie said...

Have a wonderful time Cathy! I hope it will be cooler up there for you, supposed to get pretty warm down here. The girls are just darling.

Love your blocks, those look like something I could do!

Janet O. said...

Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to see your SS quilt!

MB in MI said...

Have fun in the UP!! Enjoy the time with your family.

Carrie P. said...

have a great time. love your blocks. I think setting them with white is a great idea.