Saturday, January 22, 2011

Taking a Break

Still working on the RRCB.  I have all sides trimmed and have my inner border sewn on 3 sides.

I checked my email and found a couple of questions regarding quilting with pearl cotton.

You can find pearl cotton where they sell embroidery floss.  It is sold in balls.  I use #8.  You need to use a larger needle as the pearl cotton is much thicker than thread.

I make a slightly larger stitch.  Practice helps you to decide the size you are comfortable with.  I think is adds to the folk art look of my quilt.

Hope this helps with any questions.   Hugs, Cat

2 comments:

Allie said...

You're really making progress! I tried quilting with perle cotton once, and it was SO difficult to get through the quilt I just gave up. I do love the look of it though!

Mama Pea said...

Cat, those are great blocks on that quilt! I love them! I have used some pearl cotton on my wool projects. It's a nice thickness.