Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday was Sunny and Productive

It was so wonderful to see the sunshine yesterday.  It has been awhile since we've seen it.  Today is hit and miss.  The clouds keep moving in and out.  I guess they are getting ready for the snow to come.  We are expecting anywhere from 2-4 inches all the way to 12-13 inches.  I'm hoping for 2-4 inches.


The other day I posted a portion of my To-Do list..  and here is what I accomplished over the weekend.    

 
Woo Hoo....I got the final borders put on my RRCB.  I didn't have a spot big enough to lay out the quilt for you to see so my husband is standing on a bench holding it up.  His hands were touching the ceiling.  It will be a while before I get to quilt it as there are a few ahead of it.

I also got 2 more blocks done for the Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.  I have 8 more to do to get caught up.

Here's my List:
  1. Finish RRCB
  2. Get caught up on Thread Head Quilt-a-Long (2 done, 8 to go)
  3. Start Barbara Brackman Civil War Blocks  (ran out of time)
  4. Finish EQ7 block and post it (finished but for some reason it won't post it)
  5. Finish Sunflower quilt. (Not finished but got 4 petals appliqued)
  6. Mug rugs for the Mug Rug swap.
Not bad for a weekend list.  My UFO, To-Do, or Bucket list is really very long.  But I find if I just list 5 or 6 projects at a time I get more done.

Here is my list for the week.  Lets see how much I can accomplish.
  1. Finish the 8 blocks for the Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.
  2. Start Barbara Brackman Civil War blocks.
  3. Finish appliqueing sunflower petals.
  4. Finish hand quilting small wall hanging in lap frame.
I think this is more than enough projects for the week.

Well the snow is suppose to start sometime tomorrow.  Here's hoping we are on the fringe and don't get to much. 

Have a quilty day.   Hugs, Cat


1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Pretty productive weekend. I am so in love with your RRCB quilt. Just love it. I enjoyed the sunshine yesterday, too. Back to gray today. Oh well, at least we got a break for a day!