Sunday, March 14, 2021

Spring is in the Air

 Skies are blue and the sun is shining.  Windows are open and the air feels good.

I had a reaction to the covid shot.  A couple of days after the shot I got a headache to end all headaches.  It hurt to walk, talk, and move in any way.  This lasted for 3 days.  Then I got a stomach bug not related to the shot.  So I wasn't doing too good for almost a week.  So when I went to download photos of what I have worked on I was surprised.  I got quite a bit done.

1.  Sewcialities BOW


Block 21


Block 22

2.  My Favorite Color Is Moda.





These are months 2 and 3.  This BOM was suppose to start in January but they were missing one of the fabrics so it was delayed.  It started in February.  Then the fabric came in so they caught us up to day.  Hence 2 months worth of blocks this month.

3.  Pat Sloan's Home Is...BOW



4. Lexington BOM.





5.  Ready For Spring BOW.




Here are blocks 5 and 6 and then all the blocks so far.

6.  Hands All Around.




Blocks in order top to bottom.  8", 12" and 16".

7.  Quilt Doodles BOM


I leave you with this cutie.  Who would think that a skunk could be so cute.

Well thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are safe, healthy and enjoying some wonderful weather.

Hugs, Cathy


11 comments:

Julierose said...

My reaction was very similar and I am still having stomach issues...I guess some of us react this way. Very pretty blocks. hugs and feel better Julierose

Karen in Breezy Point said...

You did accomplish a lot despite your bad reaction! Love that cute little skunk!

QuiltGranma said...

Hope you are feeling ever so much better now! I'd say that you got a LOT done!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Sure hope you will be feeling back to normal soon. We have not received out second shot yet, so fingers crossed. All of these blocks are sensational. I rarely use solids but those Moda blocks are wonderful. I especially like the first on that looks like you are heading into a tunnel. Your appliqued blocks are beautiful as always, but I really like that giant flower. Fun!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You accomplished so much and all are very pretty! Sorry you had such a bad reaction. We will not be partaking of the lovely vaccine. Hope that you are doing better and if this is your first will you be taking the second shot, or did you get the Johnson and Johnson one shot? Hugs

Kyle said...

So sorry you had a negative reaction to the vaccine. Was that the first one? Your work continues to be so pretty. Love the Ready for Spring appliques especially that new funky flower. Stay well.

Jennie in GA said...

Those Welcome to Spring blocks tug at my heartstrings. So cute. Especially the posie with the wiggled stem. Where did you find that pattern? Sure hope you are feeling better now.

Robin said...

Wow! You stay so busy. I absolutely love the floral print you used in Block 22. That is so striking. Sorry about the headaches. I had horrendous headaches when I caught the virus. Take care of yourself.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow Cathy, you got a lot of sewing done. All looks so pretty. Wonderful progress.

Karen said...

Sorry to learn that you had a reaction to the vaccine. I had my first shot Friday and no reaction at all.

You got a lot done! The skunk is adorable for sure. I like the fabrics used in the Lexington blocks. I do not recognize the prints.

Lori said...

Look at you go! Wow!!

So sorry about the effects of the vaccine. I won't be eligible for some time and honestly I'm not in a rush for it. I hope you are all better now!