Saturday, May 30, 2020

I'm so Behind

Time just flew by and put me so behind on projects.  The 30th of the month is time for sharing progress on Celebrating Mary Brown.  Unfortunately I have nothing to share.  I've been moving parts of my sewing room to the basement and that took time away from sewing.

Be sure to stop by to see what the following quilters are up to KarenJennie,  RobinNanette, and Rebecca.

I did manage to finish a few things.

1.  Mrs. Lincoln's Quilt.


These are the blocks for Month 9.  I can't believe I've been working on this for so long.


These are the first 9 months worth of blocks sewn together.  I am using the same pink for the corner stones but I am using a different neutral fabric for the sashing.

I'm working on this quilt with Julie.


2.  Derby House BOM



These are the pieced blocks.  There is also a 15" appliqued block which I am about 3/4 of the way done.  As soon as I finish I will post a picture.


3.  Monthly Mini



This is my May mini.  It is 6" x 7".  I really love it.  I'm linking up with Wendy.


4.  I made a new quilt top.



This photo is only a portion of it.  I'll post a photo of the finished top later.  It reminds me of Salt Water Taffy.  It's made using Jelly Rolls.  I didn't realize that it is the same fabric that I am using in the Providence BOM.


I also got the rainbow quilt quilted.  I still need to take a photo of it.  I have my next top to be quilted picked out.  I think this one will be hand quilted.


Our state has finally said we could get together in groups of no more than 10 people.  We got to go over to my Daughter's house and have a BBQ.  It was nice to see some of my family.


I hope you are staying safe and getting some sewing done.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

14 comments:

julieQ said...

Cathy, wow! I just love each of your quilt alongs...perfect! WE are making tracks with our Lincoln quilt!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I have absolutely nothing to do, and I am always behind.

Karen said...

Even though you did not get a Mary Brown block done, you accomplished a lot in May. The Mrs. Lincoln blocks are fantastic. I have thought often that I would enjoy making a second one from the pattern set. Just finding time is the problem.
I assume that your basement stays dry. When we lived in the north and had basements, they often would get damp in the spring thaw time. But that was almost 50 years ago and older houses. Construction techniques changed over the years and most basements stay dry.

Kyle said...

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Have fun!!!! Your blocks are lovely.

Janet O. said...

You have lovely projects going on. Your Mrs. Lincoln blocks look so pretty together.
I love the r/w/b of Derby House, and what a cute monthly mini.
Is your new quilt top the garlic knots pattern?

Wendy Caton Reed said...

6" x 7" Oh my!! I LOVE this little quilt. So sweet. Love the outline quilting. And, I don't see how you could be behind, when you have done so much! Thanks for another great mini.

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy to know there are kindred souls who love to play with scraps and make tiny little treasures! And such a cute little hanger for the mini!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

The Mrs. Lincoln blocks are looking awesome--just beautiful! I love how the Derby quilt is coming along too--my kind of colors! Have fun with your projects!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You have accomplished a lot! Hope all is well - we head to surgery Tuesday morning finally! Hugs

Sandy said...

Oh how sweet is your little basket! All of your work is beautiful Cathy, but I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your Derby House BOM.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love your little May mini - so graphic and pure.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Hopefully after posting your progress on all these beautiful projects, you feel less behind! Moving elements of your sewing room to the basement - sounds like a workout. Your mini is precious - so small and the outline quilting is just the thing.

QuiltGranma said...

So glad to see that you are getting things done. I'm waiting till they open up elective surgeries again so i can get a new hip. Too painful to do much!

Rebecca in AK said...

Your Mrs. Lincoln’s blocks are wonderful and look amazing altogether. I absolutely love your May mini! It is perfection in a tiny package. So glad you were able to have some family time. My applique projects have been put on a shelf for a bit, trying to get some other projects finished.