Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Hot and Humid

Makes for good sewing time in the air conditioned sewing room.

Dearest Boy is coming to an end.  Karen posted our next pieced block so here is mine.


We now have one more 10" applique block and the final cow block.


I finished this month's blocks for the Cheddarback quilt.


I chose a house block instead of the school house block in the original quilt.


Here are the first 5 months blocks.  It is hard to find somewhere to lay out these blocks as it is quite long.  I'm very please with how this quilt is looking.


Finally I want to give an update on my flannel baskets.


I started with 6 blocks and now have 7 more.  I have a couple more blocks prepped.  I will keep going until I run out of flannel.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

Hugs, Cathy

13 comments:

Robin said...

I like your little house block. That makes it so personal. I had a little trouble with this month's big block but your block looks terrific. I'm curious what Gay's going to do for next month because the mock up for cutting sashing and cornerstones shows another 12" block but the original quilt has two rows of 5" blocks. I need to get busy and finish up before I get behind.

Lori said...

Super blocks!!

Julierose said...

Beautiful work on these blocks!! And i just really love the flannel baskets a lot...stay cool--hot and sticky here too..hugs, Julierose p.s. that picture verification is still on here FYI;)))

Cathy said...

This is a test

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a successful quiltalong, so many interesting blocks, looking great! Love the flannel baskets too, so sweet.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I like all of them Cathy! - Yup I think it was 79 and high high humidity when walking at 6:30! BUT the good news is - we are about 6 weeks away from September! YEA and maybe it will begin to cool some - maybe the 80's?

Hugs

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It must feel good to be close to the end of the blocks--this one is great! I'm amazed at how long Cheddarback is becoming too and I believe there is still one more grouping before the left side is finished. I like your little house!

Allie said...

I can't believe you're so close to being done with Dearest Boy! Wonderful blocks. I like the substitution house block too - makes it very much your own. Well done - now try to stay cool!!!!

Needled Mom said...

It will be fun to see them all together. The baskets look so nice too.

Janet O. said...

I really like the colors in Dearest Boy block--kind of similar to the fun house block you made.
Oh, those flannel baskets are awfully cute.

Karen said...

Flannel quilts are so warm and toasty. My favorite quilt to cover up with is made with flannel. Your baskets look good. I do not have any flannel fabric left in my stash. Just some brushed cottoms.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Love your Dearest Boy block and the end is in sight for you! Your flannel baskets are just so sweet.

Nancy said...

I love you flannel baskets! They will make such a warm, welcoming, cozy quilt.