Sunday, June 30, 2019

It's Been a Long Journey

And we are getting close to the end of our Dearest Boy journey.

It's time to reveal our next block.  Block 6C "Mother".  



This is such a sweet block but it was also very time consuming.  I was hoping to get ahead on this Sew along but this block took a lot of time.  Three more blocks to go and then we will be working on the center block of the cow.

Be sure to check the other blogs....KarenJulie and Carole have been working along on this quilt.


I have been working on some other projects....

I bought a quilt kit from Connecting Threads a while back and thought it was time to make it.


I love how soft the colors look.  The quilt is 42" x 48" and is the perfect size for a lap or baby quilt.


I recently purchased a pattern from Debby Brown called A LA MODE.  I can be made using fat eights or jelly rolls.  I always have white, cream or grey jelly rolls on hand.  I found a half jelly roll in some bright colors in my stash and used a cream jelly roll to go along with it.  Here is my quilt top.



The top is 48" x 48".  I'm thinking of using it as a picnic quilt.  I can't wait to try this quilt out with a full jelly roll.


And finally I finished another Sally Post block.



I may end up finishing all the blocks by the end of the year...keep my fingers crossed.


That's it for today.  I need to get back in the sewing room and prep some more applique blocks to work on.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day and keep cool

Hugs, Cathy


9 comments:

julieQ said...

Cathy, how darling! I love your block...gorgeous!

Karen said...

You got a lot done. I had trouble deciding on Dearest Boy whether to make the upper leaves in the neutral color or the fall color as below in the nest. I finally decided to make them all in the fall color. I was glad to get the block done as it was time consuming as you found out. Good stitching work on your block.
I completed my Sally Post quilt but have not taken a picture yet for my blog. How much further do you have to go on yours?

I don't have any jelly rolls. Your new top from jelly rolls is a version I have not seen done before and I find it more interesting than the style used for the jelly roll race tops. Easier to see the fabrics with neutrals between the pieces.

Julierose said...

Your DB block is lovely--I so enjoy watching how you all interpret these patterns...hugs, Julierose

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love your 'Mother' Block Cathy - very clever use of the different fabrics.

Barb said...

awe, love that birdy block; Mother. lovely nine patches.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Applique blocks are so pretty and love the baby quilt! You are really doing great!

Lori said...

So many terrific blocks and quilts!!

Kyle said...

Wow!! No wasted time for this past month. It probably feels good to have many of your projects with an end in sight.

Karrin Hurd said...

Appliqué blocks are lovely and cute baby quilt!