Monday, October 15, 2018

Dearest Boy Continues

It's the 15th of October and time to share our versions of Block 3A.  Time is sure flying.



This has always been a difficult block for me.  I drew up the block on EQ8 and printed up templates on freezer paper.  I ironed these on the chosen fabric for the star points.  This worked out really well.  I think I will do that again if I ever make this block again.

The weather is getting crisper, the skies sunnier and the air cooler.  This is my favorite time of year.  Yesterday was my birthday.  I turned 23 (times 3...lol).  It was a really beautiful day.  We went for a walk at St. Clair Metro park.  It was a good day.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to visit KarenJulie and Carole and see what magical blocks they have made.

Hugs, Cathy

13 comments:

Karen said...

Well done, Cathy. I like the blue print in the star points.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy birthday! Look at those sharp points!

Lori said...

Happy birthday Cathy!!
Your blocks are great!

Julierose said...

Happy Birthday--you share it with my granddaughter, Fiona ;)))
I think your work on these is beautiful--hugs, Julierose

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I love this block! And, I'm with you, I love Fall!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Happy Birthday!! Your block is perfect. I like Eleanor Burns rulers for this block, but glad EQ8 worked well.

I will be 47 (LOL) on Halloween - 74 reversed! Time flies -- cannot believe that October is half way over.

Weather here is wonderful! Blowing wind, sprinkles, and about 52 degrees with a 41 wind chill..... Now this is my kind of weather - We had that horrible 99-110 for 5 months and I was so tired of sweating. My walk was wonderful today!

Hugs

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Happy Birthday Cathy!! I hope you have a great day. Your block looks perfect and I love the use of the blue fabric.

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a lovely day. Isn't it nice there are multiple ways to sew a block! Yours turned out great.

Allie said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Cathy, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!! And many more!!!! Brrrr, too cold for walking for me....I may get a treadmill. I love your block, what a brilliant way to make them.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Those "peaky and spike" blocks are always a challenge for me too. I think you have nailed them--they look perfect!

Northern Deb said...

I use the tri rec ruler to make these. The ruler has a teeny tiny notch that you use to clip the corner of the two side pieces and THAT makes ALL the difference. It lines up perfectly. And LOADS of spray starch before cutting keeps the edges from stretching. Happy birthday!